Blazer build

Davecubs14
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Madison, AL
Been doing the front stage for about 3-4 months now. Here are some pics! Sub stage coming soon.

Don't laugh at a couple. This is the first time doing any of this so bear with me, lol. On to a bunch of pics!

Here are a couple of my Hdc3 15 box I built.

Photo0208.jpg

Photo0215.jpg

Photo0221-1.jpg

A few of my deadener pics. Audio Technix FTW! I have a thread with all the pics in the AT section.

Photo0252.jpg

Photo0292.jpg

Photo0352.jpg

Daytons....

Photo0284.jpg

Photo0283.jpg

Photo0281.jpg

Ok...never did fiberglass before so I tried something else...plastic putty! Lol!

Photo0372.jpg

Photo0377.jpg

Photo0378.jpg

Photo0379.jpg

Photo0381.jpg

Photo0380.jpg

It's not the best looking....but I think with more sanding and smoothing, it would've been better but again...first time.....I think it'll serve it's purpose.

What's next...?

Photo0376.jpg

Shoulda done a flush baffle with that AQ, would have looked boss lol
Thought about it....Probably gonna do it next time around. It was my second box ever...so...couldn't get too crazy...45's were enough;)

looks nice but i can tell you how to get loud four 12s x2 xxx6500d on 16v 154 plus
Lol. I'm not sure about that.....i'll stick to what I have:).

Plus, that's a 10, not a 12....(if you were figuring it was)

How did you cut the 45's? And did you follow a tutorial on carpetting? I'm afraid to carpet my box and have it look like trash //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

How did you cut the 45's? And did you follow a tutorial on carpetting? I'm afraid to carpet my box and have it look like trash //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Just used a table saw, just turned it to 45....or something, lol. And let a rip. I can get a pic if you want.

As for the carpet....I tried to watch videos and stuff but to be honest, I just went with it. The sides don't look the best. But it's pretty good. Just wrap the whole box with carpet then you should have 2 sides with extra carpet. Slice the corners and fit it like a puzzle.

Here is a good vid. Start at 2 minutes into it and you'll see what i'm talking about...

Got the door panels back on and vaccumed the car

Got a competition coming up....My box goes over the back seat a little...So i'm thinking of building a box for the sa and running that!

Not bad . Word of advice, cover those holes around the mids in the dash and your sound from them will improve 10 fold //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Not bad . Word of advice, cover those holes around the mids in the dash and your sound from them will improve 10 fold //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I would have to agree with that....

Nice start though. The only thing I would say would be next time round the port edges over inside and outside the enclosure. If you don't have a router just hit it with some 80 grit for min will work fine.

Still a good start and should sound pretty good. Hope put some deadener in the roof...they flex a lot lol

Ok. I will do it today and see!

I would have to agree with that....
Nice start though. The only thing I would say would be next time round the port edges over inside and outside the enclosure. If you don't have a router just hit it with some 80 grit for min will work fine.

Still a good start and should sound pretty good. Hope put some deadener in the roof...they flex a lot lol
It was my second enclosure built. I will remember that for next time! What's the advantages? Just smoother flow?

If I knew how to take the liner off of the roof, I would...hmm....

If I knew how to take the liner off of the roof, I would...hmm....
Headliner is easy in the blazer. Just pull down all the side panels and go from there...you will need another set of hands or two to get it out of the truck with out damaging it though.

Headliner is easy in the blazer. Just pull down all the side panels and go from there...you will need another set of hands or two to get it out of the truck with out damaging it though.
Ok. Cool. There's a couple members that live close if I ever do it:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.