Blazer Build

100_1560.jpg

sw8200s

SAM_0100.jpg

subs in car

ow big was your old box? What was your old box tuned to? What is your new box tuned to? Still using the same amp and speakers are wired the same way gains set the same?

Box looks sealed. Your box is not flexing too much is it? 3.1 cubes seems fine for 2-12's sealed as far as airspace goes.

The other box was close to 4 cu ft^2. I didn't build it so i am not sure what it was tuned too. The subs are stilled wired to 1.5 ohms. and didnt touch the gains until now but it still sounds weird. In the old box it just seemed louder now it seems like the subs have too much power or something

Even if the old enclosure was sealed, subs generally become more efficient when installed in larger, sealed enclosures.

If the old one was ported, it would generally be louder at the port tuning frequency than a smaller sealed enclosure. I've seen the differences from as low as 3 dB to as high as 12 dB using the same subs ported versus sealed.

Why would you use a bass tube with all the room in a blazer? I have an 01 and i have plans to do 4 10s or 2 15s....so much potential man.
Edit....just seen you want one 12....btl? there are many subs out there that are great...just whats your preference. as above mentioned the 1508 is a great option as well...if i had the cash i would do 4 lol.
bass tube>>Rectangle box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.