Blackbonnie's 05 Grand Prix GT Build Log

i think thats what im gonna have to do. i wanted to get the enclosure built to what i wanted it to. i needed it as wide as possible so it would be easier to seal it off from the trunk.

i needed it to be 42 wide and 18 high, then the depth came out to 16. im gonna try and get it in through the trunk, if i cant it will go through the seat opening

Looks great so far. I've seen this thread many times but decided to leave a post right now.

I'm really not a big fan of stickers or decals, however, I really like the Sundown decal that goes on the back windshields of cars/suvs. Those and the little "AQ" stickers.

Nice work!

i think thats what im gonna have to do. i wanted to get the enclosure built to what i wanted it to. i needed it as wide as possible so it would be easier to seal it off from the trunk.
i needed it to be 42 wide and 18 high, then the depth came out to 16. im gonna try and get it in through the trunk, if i cant it will go through the seat opening

Pretty sure thats not gonna go fit:( Mine at 35 wide was almost impossible. 18 is pushing it but with the depth only being 16in it may be possible.

i like how you set up the mids, i wanted to do the same, did you fiberglass?
nope no fiberglass, maybe eventually as i would like to eventually run some 8's in the doors, or at least in the kicks

Looks great so far. I've seen this thread many times but decided to leave a post right now.
I'm really not a big fan of stickers or decals, however, I really like the Sundown decal that goes on the back windshields of cars/suvs. Those and the little "AQ" stickers.

Nice work!
ive never been a big fan of audio stickers either. but i love the way sundowns look, and most people dont know what sundown means or is for, and its not like it says sundown audio. either way i like it.

Pretty sure thats not gonna go fit:( Mine at 35 wide was almost impossible. 18 is pushing it but with the depth only being 16in it may be possible.

well the position of your box and where yours is at, it would be to wide, but mine will need to be a little further back in the trunk. you will see why once the box build is complete.

Are you planning on lowering it through the top widest part of trunk opening? Did you notice the hieght. with my floor thats 15.75in. It's gonna be tight for sure.

Are you planning on lowering it through the top widest part of trunk opening?
well i was going to, but when i tried test fitting it, it would fit the 42 wide, but once i got it all in there it was on an angle and i couldnt tip the top part of the face forward as it was hitting the top of the trunk.

i think im gonna have to go through the opening behind the seats, and then try and tip it up once i get it in.

well i was going to, but when i tried test fitting it, it would fit the 42 wide, but once i got it all in there it was on an angle and i couldnt tip the top part of the face forward as it was hitting the top of the trunk.
i think im gonna have to go through the opening behind the seats, and then try and tip it up once i get it in.
Bummer.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I was hoping i was wrong. I think 17-17.5 tall max without mods. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Bummer.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I was hoping i was wrong. I think 17-17.5 tall max without mods. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
wel it really all depends on where your gonna have your box. the closer it is to the seat the less height you can work with. and with your false floor thats prolly about right for you.

but my false floor will be built around the box so i got about another inch or so to work with. once i get some more pics up it will be easier to explain.

well the box is completely finished, its just not carpeted or painted yet, not sure what i wanna do there. double baffle is on and cut and its all caulked.

with the way i think im gonna have to put the box in i will be unable to completely install the aeros until i have it in the car. once its in i will finish the false floor as it will be built around the box.

i will get pics up hopefully wednesday.

well there was a problem, i wasnt able to get the box in....i was puttin it in, and had to bend a couple things to get it in, a piece broke and my trunk is now leaking water.

had to take everything out, so none of it got wet, and its goin in the body shop monday. and my trunk now will not shut right as some is messed up with my rear bumper not being in place, i think it might have gotten hit by something in a parking lot but im not sure as there are no real markings on it.

all in all, its just another set back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

blackbonnie

5,000+ posts
The Revolution
blackbonnie
Grand Rapids, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date