Bit One & Head unit RCA output voltage question!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aygodriver1212

Senior VIP Member
Amsterdam
Hello Friends,

Been a while since I posted here. I've been busy but I decided to pick up my old hobby again. I was hooked up with some excellent stuff.

Got myself an Audison Bit One DSP for just $100, and some other stuff. Rockford T1500bcp for just $200.

Now, I've got some kind of Android head unit, and I've noticed output voltages (RCA) are EXTREMELY low, down to 0.25 volts RMS. Which is basically, nothing...

Standard radio's always go above 2, there's even 5 or higher volt units.

This is a problem, as my gains need to be way up to produce some real power and even then, that's not too good on my amps.

I was wondering, if I hook up my Bit One, will the output voltage be higher after the bit? So basically I'm wondering if the 0,25 volts I input will be multiplied.

In the spec sheets it says it puts out 4 volts RMS max, but I can't imagine the Bit being able to process the 0,25 volts and make 4 volts out of it...

Any ideas? Or y'all suggest me to just go back to a good old 5 volt head unit instead of a fancy Android double din.

Thanks!

Hello Friends,
Been a while since I posted here. I've been busy but I decided to pick up my old hobby again. I was hooked up with some excellent stuff.

Got myself an Audison Bit One DSP for just $100, and some other stuff. Rockford T1500bcp for just $200.

Now, I've got some kind of Android head unit, and I've noticed output voltages (RCA) are EXTREMELY low, down to 0.25 volts RMS. Which is basically, nothing...

Standard radio's always go above 2, there's even 5 or higher volt units.

This is a problem, as my gains need to be way up to produce some real power and even then, that's not too good on my amps.

I was wondering, if I hook up my Bit One, will the output voltage be higher after the bit? So basically I'm wondering if the 0,25 volts I input will be multiplied.

In the spec sheets it says it puts out 4 volts RMS max, but I can't imagine the Bit being able to process the 0,25 volts and make 4 volts out of it...

Any ideas? Or y'all suggest me to just go back to a good old 5 volt head unit instead of a fancy Android double din.

Thanks!
It'll improve voltage by a good bit, you can do RCA or you can even do high level inputs to see which gives you better results.

BTW. HOLY FK thats an amazing score for a bit one and bdcp. goddaaaaaamn!!!

It'll improve voltage by a good bit, you can do RCA or you can even do high level inputs to see which gives you better results.
BTW. HOLY FK thats an amazing score for a bit one and bdcp. goddaaaaaamn!!!
Yeah I bought a T400-4 as good as new for $100 too, pretty sweet deals.

But wouldn't it be more beneficial to just get another head unit that gives more input towards the bit? I'm talking RCA here by the way.

Yeah I bought a T400-4 as good as new for $100 too, pretty sweet deals.
But wouldn't it be more beneficial to just get another head unit that gives more input towards the bit? I'm talking RCA here by the way.
the initial audio quality from a better 24 bit burr brown dac would make a bigger change than the pre-out voltage but yes there would be some improvement but not as much as you would think. Just put in the bit one and do a full actual tune before you spend money, the bit one works magic Just raise speaker output levels up higher than normal to get the proper 4 volt pre-out. Plus your rockford amps dont need high pre-out voltage anyways. Their gain knobs are sensitive.

Wow dude crackheads all around your area or something? Whats up with these crackhead prices? lol

the initial audio quality from a better 24 bit burr brown dac would make a bigger change than the pre-out voltage but yes there would be some improvement but not as much as you would think. Just put in the bit one and do a full actual tune before you spend money, the bit one works magic Just raise speaker output levels up higher than normal to get the proper 4 volt pre-out. Plus your rockford amps dont need high pre-out voltage anyways. Their gain knobs are sensitive.

Wow dude crackheads all around your area or something? Whats up with these crackhead prices? lol
Bought a new P200-2 for my component set for $50 just today. Got 15m (bout 50feet) of 1/0 gauge welding cable for just $50. No crackheads here, I just get the good prices from people who don't know what they're selling haha.

Working on getting a B2 Audio HN12" 1500 RMS to go with it for just $200.

But that's not my biggest concern right now, you're saying I should hook up my Bit and tune it just to see the output? I'm new to DSP's so I think I might have some trouble getting the best results...

Plus your rockford amps dont need high pre-out voltage anyways. Their gain knobs are sensitive.
Just to add to this, my friend runs the same set-up.

But he's got a normal 4 volt radio and his system sounds so much better and louder, everything else is exactly the same. We even have the same amps / sub / enclosure etc.

My best guess is that the radio voltage has a lot to do with it?

Just to add to this, my friend runs the same set-up.But he's got a normal 4 volt radio and his system sounds so much better and louder, everything else is exactly the same. We even have the same amps / sub / enclosure etc.

My best guess is that the radio voltage has a lot to do with it?
However for sounding better, Like i said, a superior 24 Digital audio converter makes the biggest difference its the start of a strong signal, paired with just even a bit of pre-out voltage it'll sound better and louder vs a 16 bit dac. Your android head unit sounds like it uses the lowest quality audio components possible. With a proper chip, all the audio signals are made better and stronger from the start. When an amplifier amplifies a sh*t signal, it'll just be an amplified sh*t signal. When it has a strong clean signal, it'll be a super loud strong and clean signal. The DAC really determines all of that.

Thats why most people using a stock head unit and a cheap line out convertor with very high pre-out voltages up to 9 volts, still gain a lot from getting rid of the stock head unit and line out convertor to a proper head unit. Pre-out voltages isnt the main focus in all honesty. a 16 bit dac head unit with a 4 volt pre-out and sh*tty audio features vs a 24 bit dac with 2 volt pre-out and a lot of audio features, i'd choose the latter in an instant and label the 16 bit dac 4v head unit as trash.

However for sounding better, Like i said, a superior 24 Digital audio converter makes the biggest difference its the start of a strong signal, paired with just even a bit of pre-out voltage it'll sound better and louder vs a 16 bit dac. Your android head unit sounds like it uses the lowest quality audio components possible. With a proper chip, all the audio signals are made better and stronger from the start. When an amplifier amplifies a sh*t signal, it'll just be an amplified sh*t signal. When it has a strong clean signal, it'll be a super loud strong and clean signal. The DAC really determines all of that.
Thats why most people using a stock head unit and a cheap line out convertor with very high pre-out voltages up to 9 volts, still gain a lot from getting rid of the stock head unit and line out convertor to a proper head unit. Pre-out voltages isnt the main focus in all honesty. a 16 bit dac head unit with a 4 volt pre-out and sh*tty audio features vs a 24 bit dac with 2 volt pre-out and a lot of audio features, i'd choose the latter in an instant and label the 16 bit dac 4v head unit as trash.
I don't even know how many bit my head unit is to be honest. Tbh, it's not only the voltage I think. When I turn up the subwoofer sounds trashy (only 1 rca pre-out for sub output).

It's this head unit: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Quad-Core-Android-4-4-Universal-double-2din-Car-Radio-Player-GPS-Navigation-Autoradio/32664795170.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.MIuIYF

Could you check it out?

On the side, I saw your signature.I was thinking of buying that Pioneer 80PRS, I think it's a great head unit and it puts out 5v.
Again, Stop buying based on volt pre-out voltage there's way more to it then that. Its less important than audio tuning features which you already are getting with the audison bit one. I know you want to buy sh*t right now since you have the fever but I'm serious just install the bit one and it'll make all the difference. Right now, just get educated on how to actually tune with a DSP. Knowledge is the most important step right now in your audio upgrades. There is absolutely NO good reason for you to get the 80 prs when you already have a fking bit one. The bit one already counts as a huge head unit replacement. Whatever fears you have about your head unit, just stop right now, its completely baseless and useless. Again just install your sh*t tune it right and i'm not just talking about setting gains kuz thats baby sh*t. REALLY know how to use the active crossovers for an active 3 way front stage setup which means buying midbass, midrange, tweeter and having 6 channels of amplifiers just for your front stage meaning a 2 channel and 4 channel or a 6 channel amp plus your sub amp. You'll need to know how use the phase adjustments, 31 band eq, time alignment and really build a proper sound stage. Because the bit one sh*ts on the 80 prs in every way possible. If all that is too hard for you and you rather just run some components or coaxials, sell that bit one, sell your head unit and just get some kenwood head unit which is EZ tuning for dummies. Just know what you are heading into when you install the bit one because if you just do a basic setup, its wasted potential.

I don't even know how many bit my head unit is to be honest. Tbh, it's not only the voltage I think. When I turn up the subwoofer sounds trashy (only 1 rca pre-out for sub output).It's this head unit: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Quad-Core-Android-4-4-Universal-double-2din-Car-Radio-Player-GPS-Navigation-Autoradio/32664795170.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.MIuIYF

Could you check it out?
pretty garbage when it comes to audio, when you see a head unit not advertising any audio stuff you already know that you wont get anything good out of it. However all that doesnt matter when you have an audison bit one. Everything gets overrided and your bit one is all the audio you need.

Bit One Input sensitivity on low level takes I believe at least .35 volts to get 4 volts max out of it (which will almost never get to 4 volts anyway). It can handle up to 20 volts on the high level inputs. I'd try the high level inputs first. If the head unit signal is of decent sound quality the Bit can do you a lot of good. If the quality of the head unit signal is ****** then the Bit can only do so much. I would try it before spending more unless you wanted a head unit anyway. I've had my PRS80 since they came out. I think it's as good as any for the price. I think my old 9887 sounds as good or a little better and I love the layout for crossover adjustment on it but the 80 has all the newer features that it doesn't. 2 USB inputs, SD card slot, aux in on the front and good Bluetooth without buying any add on boxes. Good luck to you !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.