Biggest battery under the hood for a 2001 Buick Century

Participant count
  • Participant list
Got to sams and buy a duracell agm g34 for under the hood and a g31 for the back total will cost u 300 bux..same as deka

Okay Kool I don't know why xs power wants so much for they're batteries I know they're good but are over priced

Okay Kool I don't know why xs power wants so much for they're batteries I know they're good but are over priced
They are not overpriced at all. You get what you pay for. 1 3100 will take up less space, less weight(MPG), outdo 2 or more cheaper batteries. Thats what you pay for. If you think they are overpriced dont look at Batcap

Now when he plans on going over 3k fine but for now no sense in dropping dough on a alt..i have lots of buddies who run 2-2500 on that battery setup for years
Well I have thought about strapping two q1-2200's on two xfl's 15's later on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

another thing you can actually do OP is to find an alternator place near you and beef up your current alt, you'll get around 20-25% more power and only need one good AGM in the hood.

EDIT: NVM you are just like us LOL never enough bass, yeah man, get that battery bank going on and do the alt whenever you can.

You can get a decent 200 amp alt for $400. All those batteries are going to do is creat a load, they are going to get very discharged and keep discharging to the point the amp will fail and cause vehicle issues. If he is dropping that far now adding a battery will not fix it because you know it is really dropping way more. Why pay for a 2000 watt amp if you are only getting 1000 watts since you cant feed it? It makes no sence to me, just get a 1000 watt amp to begin with

I have a schumacher agm battery charger will that help?

If OP was looking at group 31 XS powers then he has enough money to drop on a high output alt and a small battcap/hc600 in the trunk and that should do wonders with the voltages too.

I was but I wanted to see my other options. If I could find something cheaper and get close to the same output I'll go with that instead

If you dont have it to drop than save up to replace the amp and possible the stock alt and VCM... That will add up fast wont it

The belva amp is 1200 rms but the tnt's want more power! I could save up but it would take me a while... This is not a cheap hobby lol

another thing you can actually do OP is to find an alternator place near you and beef up your current alt, you'll get around 20-25% more power and only need one good AGM in the hood.
EDIT: NVM you are just like us LOL never enough bass, yeah man, get that battery bank going on and do the alt whenever you can.

Lol Yea I stay in Orlando... I don't know any places near me that makes HO alts and I think mine is 100-120 amp alt not

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jerm1400

Senior VIP Member
Jerm1400
Orlando, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from