Biggest battery under the hood for a 2001 Buick Century

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jerm1400

Senior VIP Member
I have a 2001 Buick century with two American bass tnt 12's running off of a belva bb2000d, a xs power d975 in the trunk and a lil everstart battery in the front. I have done the big 3 with 2 gauge wire and will be switching to 0 gauge soon and upgrading to a q1-2200d. At full tilt my voltage drops to 12.5. I was thinking about putting a xs power d3400 under the hood & a d3100 in the trunk but the prices are kinda turning me away. I see people speak highly of Deka batteries but I never ran them and I don't know which is the biggest I can fit under the hood and are the optima batteries worth it?

I have a 2001 Buick century with two American bass tnt 12's running off of a belva bb2000d, a xs power d975 in the trunk and a lil everstart battery in the front. I have done the big 3 with 2 gauge wire and will be switching to 0 gauge soon and upgrading to a q1-2200d. At full tilt my voltage drops to 12.5. I was thinking about putting a xs power d3400 under the hood & a d3100 in the trunk but the prices are kinda turning me away. I see people speak highly of Deka batteries but I never ran them and I don't know which is the biggest I can fit under the hood and are the optima batteries worth it?
Got to sams and buy a duracell agm g34 for under the hood and a g31 for the back total will cost u 300 bux..same as deka

A battery wont help that. You need to make sure your gain and ground is right. If it is and dropping that far you need a bigger alternator
I know plenty of ppl that drop to battery resting voltage with ho alts at idle....he has a tiny tiny secondary battery ..like the size of a moped and who knows what size and how onld the one under the hood is

If you are looking for great power at a good price, these are friggen fantastic, just got one a week ago, running 4k and it helped a lot.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/electrical-wiring-classifieds/609203-fs-c-d-ups-12-350-batteries-93ah.html This is a great battery at a great deal much much better then optimas can ever be, not quite as crazy as an xs power but close enough at 1/3 the price you can get two or 3 and it'll be a sh*t ton more performance for the money.

Dekas are made by east penn, autozone's duracell platinum, o reillys' super start platinum. I used a G31 from autozone they work fine (c&d works better to me though)

Odyssey batteries are close to the same league as xs power, an alternative to them are sears diehard platinum, same battery as an odyssey.

If you are looking for great power at a good price, these are friggen fantastic, just got one a week ago, running 4k and it helped a lot.http://www.caraudio.com/forums/electrical-wiring-classifieds/609203-fs-c-d-ups-12-350-batteries-93ah.html This is a great battery at a great deal much much better then optimas can ever be, not quite as crazy as an xs power but close enough at 1/3 the price you can get two or 3 and it'll be a sh*t ton more performance for the money.

Dekas are made by east penn, autozone's duracell platinum, o reillys' super start platinum. I used a G31 from autozone they work fine (c&d works better to me though)

Odyssey batteries are close to the same league as xs power, an alternative to them are sears diehard platinum, same battery as an odyssey.
Im sure ups batt is fine but no way im payin 120 for a used batt when u can get a new duracell with warranty and nore ah for 170

Now when he plans on going over 3k fine but for now no sense in dropping dough on a alt..i have lots of buddies who run 2-2500 on that battery setup for years
You can get a decent 200 amp alt for $400. All those batteries are going to do is creat a load, they are going to get very discharged and keep discharging to the point the amp will fail and cause vehicle issues. If he is dropping that far now adding a battery will not fix it because you know it is really dropping way more. Why pay for a 2000 watt amp if you are only getting 1000 watts since you cant feed it? It makes no sence to me, just get a 1000 watt amp to begin with

Im sure ups batt is fine but no way im payin 120 for a used batt when u can get a new duracell with warranty and nore ah for 170
I actually have the duracell group 31 agm and it really does not impress me as the C&D. Gonna use both of them but I tested them each individually because I like to put things up against each other. Got less voltage drop with the C&d on a prolonged burp, both batteries charged with a trickle charger.

A battery wont help that. You need to make sure your gain and ground is right. If it is and dropping that far you need a bigger alternator
The ground is sanded and bolted to the strut mount and I probably do have to gain up too high because the amp does get a lil toasty but it never shuts off tho

You can get a decent 200 amp alt for $400. All those batteries are going to do is creat a load, they are going to get very discharged and keep discharging to the point the amp will fail and cause vehicle issues. If he is dropping that far now adding a battery will not fix it because you know it is really dropping way more. Why pay for a 2000 watt amp if you are only getting 1000 watts since you cant feed it? It makes no sence to me, just get a 1000 watt amp to begin with
Most ppl dont have the dough to drop all that at once

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

I actually have the duracell group 31 agm and it really does not impress me as the C&D. Gonna use both of them but I tested them each individually because I like to put things up against each other. Got less voltage drop with the C&d on a prolonged burp, both batteries charged with a trickle charger.
Yea ive tested.both equal to me ..thats why ill go with the warranty

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jerm1400

Senior VIP Member
Jerm1400
Orlando, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from