AMP Bridge to sub question

JAGX

I am looking to buy this Alpine amp (PDX-f4)

RMS Power Ratings

Per channel into 4 Ohms: (@14.4V Ƈ%THD+N) 100W x 4

Per channel into 2 Ohms: (@14.4V Ƈ%THD+N) 100W x 4

Bridged 4 Ohms: Bridged into 4I? (Ƈ%THD+N) 200W x 2

I am looking to power two front 4 ohm speakers at 100 watts each, then bridge the back two channels for 200 watts total, but I don't know how to match the ohms to the sub.

SVC 4 ohm vs DVC 2 ohm, how will each handle the bridged amp? Or do I need a different configuration, the bridging part confuses me..

Here are some I am just looking at XL-840D 8" Subwoofer

if u bridge any 2 channels u need a svc 4 ohm sub or a 2ohm dvc sub wired to 4 ohm., i advise u get little more power to sub but that amp should be 300 bridged, those specs don't look right but maybe that amp is different.. how much is it i'll look around for u.. just get ohm load u said we can explain wiring later or find it on google., loads of diagrams

I am looking to buy this Alpine amp (PDX-f4)
RMS Power Ratings

Per channel into 4 Ohms: (@14.4V Ƈ%THD+N) 100W x 4

Per channel into 2 Ohms: (@14.4V Ƈ%THD+N) 100W x 4

Bridged 4 Ohms: Bridged into 4I? (Ƈ%THD+N) 200W x 2

I am looking to power two front 4 ohm speakers at 100 watts each, then bridge the back two channels for 200 watts total, but I don't know how to match the ohms to the sub.

SVC 4 ohm vs DVC 2 ohm, how will each handle the bridged amp? Or do I need a different configuration, the bridging part confuses me..

Here are some I am just looking at XL-840D 8" Subwoofer
1st read my last post #2 holy crap just looked up that mp well as the resident cheap old fat let me try to talk u outta that., god my whole system cost that ,much and i have more than twice that power.. dude u can get a really nice amp for less than that with more power and a better sub for same $ holyy... anyway do u have to stick with an 8 for some reason? there are many better subs than that is my guess i'll admit i don't know 8's (other thread we just saw video of atomic 8 in a 5 gallon can hit 150db) https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/vvxv3-series/products/vvx-8v3?variant=18135438593

I was hoping to stay somewhat reasonable. The main focus is on the 6.1 kappa perfect for my fronts @ $220, then maybe a replacement head unit around $300. The amp would be next, heard that alpine is very good quality, and my speakers are only 100 watts and I probably won't even max them anyways so I don't really need crazy power. Sub in an open enclosure is an afterthought, maybe $100 + enclosure, but since I am spending all this + labor I could bump up to say $200 for a sub. I am more focused on quality than high power. Feel like I can skimp a bit more on the sub and maybe them amp idk.

I was hoping to stay somewhat reasonable. The main focus is on the 6.1 kappa perfect for my fronts @ $220, then maybe a replacement head unit around $300. The amp would be next, heard that alpine is very good quality, and my speakers are only 100 watts and I probably won't even max them anyways so I don't really need crazy power. Sub in an open enclosure is an afterthought, maybe $100 + enclosure, but since I am spending all this + labor I could bump up to say $200 for a sub. I am more focused on quality than high power. Feel like I can skimp a bit more on the sub and maybe them amp idk.
dude u won't believ the subs u can buy for less than $200.. sundown ev312 bstock is $95 and thats 500rms handles like 750, same link i gave u on 8 excpet buy it on car aduio bargain.com just click bstock it'll blow your mind everything is fine but u only get 30 day warranty but subs shouldn't blow after 1st 2 weeks unless u distort it.. look at the sa 10 while there., what are u putting it in how much room u have and all that

That powerbass and quality sound are not good friends. If wanting an 8 look at the tang band w8 740p. Alpine type r 8 or the dayton ho10 is a great choice. The alpine amp is in no ways a slouch but for 300 and a modest system I would buy a 5 channel amp. I have used the ppi variants, aoundstream, thw pioneer 5 channel is not a slouch either. I would bridge the 4 channels to the fronts which would give you more than enough power and headroom. I have had a few sets of the perfect 6.1's. They do like power.

Would that not overpower the 6.1s by quite a bit?

For the sub, what would be a better option in terms of brand in a 10 or 12 size that matches the amp at 4ohms bridged 200 watts? I am not too worried about more power, I don't crank it all the way anyways...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.