Big 3 Questions on 02 explorer

Participant count
  • Participant list
ok everything was going good until this. The top bolt on the alt case, the one on the metal ear thats holding the positive wire in the air will not come off for the life of me.. not really sure what to try, anyone have ideas???

A G31 dropped right in my battery tray.

DSCF1455.jpg

**** matrxx dude! but i got all my ABS lines right there, cant really move them around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. its a 98

skrilla: you dont have to use that top bolt, you can bolt it to any one of the 3 bolts if one of them will come off easier. hell you can use any bolt on the block really. the point is, just to skip grounding to the chassis, and going striaght to the batt neg

skip: hes skipping the engine block to chassis ground, and is going straight from the alt case (still considered the block) and grounding straight to the batt neg.

Skip, wshat George is telling you to do, you can see I did on my Alternator.
you sure can.

i see it like this. why risk going to the chassis and then having the current travel through the body and then the batt, when you can just do the whole thing in 1 straight shot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

All 3 of those bolts are on there like a mother ****er. Any suggestions?
use the longest open end wrench you have. once that is on snug, use another wrench and "lock" it into the end of the box end wrench.

here is a picture. its not the exact technique with the parts but if you use yoru imagination you can see what i mean. imagine the other side of the wrench on the right hand side goes to the alternator bolt. then the other wrench locks into the open end, and you use that for torque. its not SUPER safe, but it will work if you dotn own a breaker bar.

20030167885-0-display.jpg

Ok I tried everything and there still not coming off.

AltPos.jpg

In between the 2 bolts on the left on the alt casing, theres a little hole. Is that ok If i put my own bolt/nut there and run it to the bat neg?

hahahaha......im goin right now and take some...i dont have any of it goin in cuz it was a pain in the ass to me.....i went in thinking its just a direct drop in haha...welp theyll be up in 20min

Welp here they are:

This is what i cut off all around the battery tray....i couldnt fit it flat without it off

battery004.jpg

battery003.jpg

battery002.jpg

battery001.jpg

Yes, i see that nasty corrosion on the terminal haha, ima clean it up when i run my 4 runs of 1/0 to the back and get new terminals

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.