Better SQ amp set up?

Participant count
  • Participant list
" I say ahead and run the BA Pros since you like them and if you find they are lacking in midbass after you've perfected the install...go from there..."
Pretty much exactly what the guy at the dealer said a couple weeks ago when talking about my JL 6's. Said that I should hang on to them(instead of trying to sell them) and if later on I wanted more mid-bass they could make "kicks" for them up front.
sounds like a plan

Was meaning to ask...Dealer is going to charge $125 for installing my BA Pro's. (said they would have to make something for the tweets to fit in the dash locations)

Should I expect them to run new bigger gage/better quality wire for them for that amount of money or should my stock speaker wire be sufficiant?

I guess, what I'm asking is....What is considered a "correct" or quality install? What should I be looking for?

Was meaning to ask...Dealer is going to charge $125 for installing my BA Pro's. (said they would have to make something for the tweets to fit in the dash locations)Should I expect them to run new bigger gage/better quality wire for them for that amount of money or should my stock speaker wire be sufficiant?

I guess, what I'm asking is....What is considered a "correct" or quality install? What should I be looking for?
125 is high for putting in some comps. Friend of mine owns a shop locally and he charges $35 to put in comps. $150 for full pillar fiber glassing.

For 125, atleast make sure he's sealing and deadening the doors and helping in tuning the T/A with you

I've already gotten my doors deadened and have a 2-1/4" pyramid acoustic foam square(12"x12") behind each speaker.

(would be awesome if they would seal them for me though)

The tweets aren't in the pillars so there shouldn't be any fiber glassing. I know they do have to mount the xover's.

(was wanting to maybe put them under my rear seat that flips up, so that I could get to them easy)

What should I be looking for to make sure that they are installed the way they should be? I mean, hell I could change out

the speakers in the doors (and probably the tweets too) if all they're going to do is just replace the existing...

Edit: wait, they do have to make baffles for the 6.5's to fit in the 6x9 locations as well.

I've already gotten my doors deadened and have a 2-1/4" pyramid acoustic foam square(12"x12") behind each speaker. (would be awesome if they would seal them for me though)

The tweets aren't in the pillars so there shouldn't be any fiber glassing. I know they do have to mount the xover's.

(was wanting to maybe put them under my rear seat that flips up, so that I could get to them easy)

What should I be looking for to make sure that they are installed the way they should be? I mean, hell I could change out

the speakers in the doors (and probably the tweets too) if all they're going to do is just replace the existing...
The most they're gonna be doing is putting the mid in where the other was...finding a spot for that tweeter and mounting the xover. I've always just put my xover in the door. The only time I could see u needing to get to them would be to flip tweeter phases and, but you could do that before you close the door back up and thats not even always necessary. Just play around with tweeter settings and aiming, etc before you mount the xover then you shouldnt need to get back to it. Your HU has T/A so you wont need to flip any midbass phases or anything.

k...That's what I thought. I bought some metal flashing at Lowes but, it seemed to thin. Thought it was make noise. But, I guess I could put deadener on each side of it before I secure it to the door.

I think that I'm going to do something like this with my JL 6's (after I get my 10w6 of course)

thumbnail-21.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.