Keep 12 inch Type R or sell for different setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi, I used to have two Alpine Type R's in a simple sealed box, but then one day the left Type R blew (When I press down on face of subwoofer it makes a small scratching sound), I was just told by a buddy that the sub was done for and I trust him because he is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to car audio. Anyways I am trying to decide if I should sell the one Type R that I have left for something different or just keep the one I have now and get a matching Type R. I am honestly pretty discouraged since this was my first experience with my own car audio and I ended up ruining

my system pretty badly..

I would appreciate some subwoofer suggestions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif also need some suggestions for an amplifier to pair to these subs since I also fried my Rockford Fosgate t1500-1bd.

My budget is around 450$ for subwoofer + amp.

Also another question, would it be possible to convert my dual sealed box into a ported box? And how difficult would it be to do?

I can post pictures if needed.

THANKS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

EDIT: Wow, just realized this is the AMP section of CA forums hahah, i'll move it sorry

What part of Rochester? I live right near Mayo Highschool!

Skar has a great line of subwoofers from 8"-15" and since you live here in town I could order it and deliver it to you and help install if needed!

I live near John Marshall haha on the northwest side of town.

I've been looking at Skar for a while now and they do look really nice. How much do you think that single Type R could sell for?

And I might take you up on that offer haha, I am also trying to get a new box just don't know where to look or if I should make one myself..

Again, I could help make the subwoofer box too, or there are plenty of people here who could either design your box and you make it or they design and build it, such as Moble Enclosurs

How much Kramer?

@visual I'm not looking to make some kind of fancy box just to add a couple of ports so my next pair of subs don't blow like the Type R's :p (Even though I am pretty sure it was the amp that caused the sub to fry) and also, just curious, but are you in high school at the moment? I go to the ALC over by Mayo.

I graduated last semester, in College @ RCTC now, and no I know haha I can help you set all your setting ect. its pretty easy and I can show you what not to go past ect.

and are you talking about ESC? or Golden Hill.

Senior at Golden Hill haha, and thanks man I'd appreciate the help once I get a new set of subs and amp. Add me.

I took the subs out of my brothers truck and didn't change any of the gain settings or anything when I moved them over to my Ford Contour, but Minnesota snow got the best of my amp hahah.

Do you know any audio shops in Rochester that would repair my amp for cheap?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.