Better power/upgrade options....

well you could improve your sub by getting a seperate plate amp for it. I've also been looking into some DIY home projects partsexpress has some really good ones, something like these would be sweet Parts Express DIY Project
yeah that is kind of what i am looking into. I really dont want any more bass. That one 15" running on one coil with minimum power is plenty. The sub "gain" on my amp is at like -5 in a -10 to 10 scale. Turning it up to 5 is almost overbearing.

The first thing you need to do is tune your ears... Go to a Hifi store and check out what they have, from the high end to the budget end. Listen to your music not theirs, take your movies, your taste. Listen to everything they have, prepare for a long day and don't let those bishes man handle you, you want to set a reference point of what you want. We all have our own preferences so don't follow the direction of someone else's taste.

Once you get your reference point of sound then work on achieving that goal inexpensively as possible. Buy used, start local, flea market, craigslist is a good starting point, old is good because its not made in China. You have gotten some good advice here because we are not old grumpy men gloating about $20,000 dollar speakers or exotic tube amplification. Well, I am old but I love sound and enjoy sharing my 20 plus years experience. Never take advice from people that hate on Bose, as crappy as their drivers are they work good in the Bose design box.

The first thing you need to do is tune your ears... Go to a Hifi store and check out what they have, from the high end to the budget end. Listen to your music not theirs, take your movies, your taste. Listen to everything they have, prepare for a long day and don't let those bishes man handle you, you want to set a reference point of what you want. We all have our own preferences so don't follow the direction of someone else's taste.
Once you get your reference point of sound then work on achieving that goal inexpensively as possible. Buy used, start local, flea market, craigslist is a good starting point, old is good because its not made in China. You have gotten some good advice here because we are not old grumpy men gloating about $20,000 dollar speakers or exotic tube amplification. Well, I am old but I love sound and enjoy sharing my 20 plus years experience. Never take advice from people that hate on Bose, as crappy as their drivers are they work good in the Bose design box.
I've owned two of the 3 best speakers Bose has ever made. Both of them paled in comparison to just about every speaker I have owned. My Technics SB-6000's have better imaging, separation, tone, and overall clarity than the Bose 601's (Series i). They were also cheaper when new. Better looking imo as well. Bose is TERRIBLE for the money. Their best speakers are subpar. Their newer speakers are a joke. TERRIBLE drivers, cheap enclosures. The little money they spend is on their "direct reflecting" technology, which is alright, but like I said, I have at least 3 pairs of speakers which image better than those 601's did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.