Best subwoofer position

Mustangfreak

Have two Rockford p3 12s in a dual ported box. Ports are not shared.

I have them in the back seat of my 99 mustang gt. Rear seat has been removed and I made a wood platform the subs are sitting on. Question is what would best suit it.

Facing forward,rear, or straight up.

Ports are labyrinth style on the front.

I think for a trunk car the best position is usually facing the rear, as far back as you can go. But really, just try different positions and see what works best. It isn't rocket science or anything.

I think for a trunk car the best position is usually facing the rear, as far back as you can go. But really, just try different positions and see what works best. It isn't rocket science or anything.
Ok cool. Appreciate the reply.

yeah few days ago I faced mine front pulled back seats down and it sounded great sitting in my yard, I even mentioned on here, next day when I left it sounded like crap I checked wires thought spider had broke or something I checked voltage on alt and all that.. flipped sub back to rear sounds great now (I did add 10ga speaker wire but that can't make that kind of improvement)

If you are facing rear, make it at least port width away from the trunk lid.

If you want to face forward firing into the cabin, push the box all the way against the trunk lid with no space left between the box and trunk lid.

Just see which way is louder. However firing to the trunk will have a solid loading wall and give the wave more time to develop into a full wave which allows for deeper bass. Firing forward will lose out on lows but will have less group delay.

I feel like everyone did not read the same thing I did.

The OP has the subs in the rear seat not the TRUNK.

Every person above me gave him advice on positioning the subs IN THE TRUNK.

I feel like everyone did not read the same thing I did.
The OP has the subs in the rear seat not the TRUNK.

Every person above me gave him advice on positioning the subs IN THE TRUNK.
OMG u right., sorry man., yeah u just have to try it man, if u took seat out u may as well wall it have subs right at your front seat and add 2 more subs lol..

If its in the rear seats, you are better off putting back the rear seats and sealing the whole trunk off from the cabin because with the subs just in the middle there, you wont get anywhere. no solid wall to load off, no time for the wave to develop, just pure a garbage location for subwoofers.

As said before, go big and wall that sh*t. Trump's orders.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.