Best Subs to buy in my price range?

Eddie_24
10+ year member

Price Range- 350-400

-I'd like to buy 2 12" subs due to the smaller size of my trunk. I don't want to buy 1 15 or anything like that, I want to buy a pair of 12s.

I've already posted on here before about looking to upgrade my system, well I couldn't get my Hifonics BRZ1700.1D returned for store credit like I had hoped so I'm still going to be running it. That's 1700RMS at 1 OHM and I currently have it running at 2 OHMS, it sounds great hooked to 2 Kicker CVRs... Everyone who hears me talk about upgrading my system asks me why I'd want to do that, they claim that its too loud as it is but... Its simple as to why I want to... I'm a bass head and I want a gut wrenching, street pounder.

-I've done the big 3, I have 0 AWG Street Wires all around.

-A yellowtop upfront and a XS battery in the trunk

My lights dont dim and my system keeps a constant 13.5-14 volts

So with electrical questions you might ask out of the way, I'd like to know... Whats the best set of subs I can buy in my price range? I plan on ordering them on August 7th (when I get a paycheck that isnt completely taken by bills)

SA12's, Lethal Injection 12's, VVX12's, DD2512's, Alpine Type R 12's

I had that same amp on my SA12's and it slapped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

SA12's, Lethal Injection 12's, VVX12's, DD2512's, Alpine Type R 12's
I had that same amp on my SA12's and it slapped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
These, plus SSA Gcon (I think it's in the price range). Make sure you get a pair of D4's though so you can use all of the power.

These, plus SSA Gcon (I think it's in the price range). Make sure you get a pair of D4's though so you can use all of the power.
Yeah I know, get a pair of D4s and wire them in parallel to get a 1 OHM final. I just need to find which subs I want, I know Sundown has a top notch reputation, thats why Im kinda leaning towards there subs.

Would the 2 SA12s be able to handle the 1700 RMS? I see theyre rated at 600 RMS a piece, so thatd be 1200 RMS, would the extra 250 watts to each sub be too much? I know you can overpower a sub and not have issues, I'm overpowering my 2 CVRs right now as it is by 200 watts a piece and have so for over 6 months and they still bang like theyre brand new... But Im spending a much larger sum of cash than I did on the CVRs so I want to make sure I dont harm the woofers.

I know I'll need to give them time to "break in" before I completely unleash the amps power on them.

Would the 2 SA12s be able to handle the 1700 RMS? I see theyre rated at 600 RMS a piece, so thatd be 1200 RMS, would the extra 250 watts to each sub be too much? I know you can overpower a sub and not have issues, I'm overpowering my 2 CVRs right now as it is by 200 watts a piece and have so for over 6 months and they still bang like theyre brand new... But Im spending a much larger sum of cash than I did on the CVRs so I want to make sure I dont harm the woofers. I know I'll need to give them time to "break in" before I completely unleash the amps power on them.
You will be fine..that amp will not give you the 1700rms due to you not being at 100%of 14.4v,and even then,you would maybe retrieve a max of 60-80%,at best of the power from the unit,maybe,so you will be fine for those subs,in my opinion.The american bass subs are good for the money as mentioned,i like the ssaxcons for myself,but the Gcons,would be a choice for your needs,and have been ran and tested,as well as posted to perform/good buy.I prefer a pair of tens in a small car ove r a larger sub woofer/pair.Are your current subs ina sealed enclosure now??Ported to me is a much better enclosure/sound rather than sealed

SA subs are impressive for their class and unles you're very abusive they should be fine. Really if the Kickers survive your listening habits SA's won't have an issue.

Most importantly you must invest in a good box for them

db drive k9s for about $420 lanzar opti1232 u can get two for 313 or American bass xfl12s ,dad kmh 2 for 3i00 I have some brand x xfl12s I love em they sound amazing on any kind of music deep.bass at any volume

You will be fine..that amp will not give you the 1700rms due to you not being at 100%of 14.4v,and even then,you would maybe retrieve a max of 60-80%,at best of the power from the unit,maybe,so you will be fine for those subs,in my opinion.The american bass subs are good for the money as mentioned,i like the ssaxcons for myself,but the Gcons,would be a choice for your needs,and have been ran and tested,as well as posted to perform/good buy.I prefer a pair of tens in a small car ove r a larger sub woofer/pair.Are your current subs ina sealed enclosure now??Ported to me is a much better enclosure/sound rather than sealed
My CVRS are in a sealed enclosure yes, but Im selling the subs and the box to my dad for 125 bucks, he wants a small system in his car. I'm taking that 125 and putting that into a box, would that be enough to get a great box for these subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.