best sub for 4th order

bottlebaby
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
guys im looking to build a 4th order or bandpass in the trunk of my m3 convertible and fire it through the ski hole. from what everyone says this is the best way for bass in the vert. i have been thinking about a couple of diffrent options.

1. a re sex 10

2. 2 of the Image Dynamics 10s

3. a kicker l7 10

let me know what u guys think. i would really like it if somepeople with experince in these would chime in. and if there are better subs to use let me know.

re says the 4th order box the recomind would be .3 on the sealed side and .3 on the ported. with i think 16 inches of port. does this seam to small or is it just me

well after i posted this i contacted re and they said that sub would burn up in a 4th order because the coils would get to hot in the sealed part of the box. is this correct

it didnt to me either but on there site it says no recominded for sealed boxes. but they did say i could use the sr i think it was but they gave me box deminsions that do not sound right. .3 for the sealed side and .3 for the ported for a total of .6 does that seam small to anyone else

well after i posted this i contacted re and they said that sub would burn up in a 4th order because the coils would get to hot in the sealed part of the box. is this correct
if thats the case they should not recommend there subs in sealed boxes...lmao....who ever told u that at re is a looser and dont know **** about there product.....

if they worried about the subs frying in the seald chamber...invert it so the coil will get more cooling in the ported chamber....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

ever since usamps and re merge re audio is getting stupider (not even a word) by the day..now they came out with ugly azz baskets to match the xxx and mx series...oh not to mention they changed there xt line to make it look like the old re amp line...and now there selling it as if its a new design...omg there such noobs over there,.now i see y scott and dave jump ****..cuz they knew those azz munchers would run reaudio down the drain.....

Nah dude, dat dude wrong...

Almost all the subs I have used all require more power in a sealed box. Which means that the subs coils would need to be able to take very high temps. Sure they get hot. It is ok if your not clipping them I would think. I would figure the box and subs at the same time.

for instance the T-5 12 has peramitors > .75 min 1.00 opt 1.50Max sealed so these would big a big factor of how you designed your box eh...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.