Best SQL 12's for $400

You're really limited with that 6.5" depth.
I know.. Its basically limited to SI BM's, Another pair of SSD's, RL-p's, D6's, Tc-1000's, Treo SSI's, and I thank thats about it unless anyone else can come up with anything. Right now the Tc-1000's are lookin pretty good

I know.. Its basically limited to SI BM's, Another pair of SSD's, RL-p's, D6's, Tc-1000's, Treo SSI's, and I thank thats about it unless anyone else can come up with anything. Right now the Tc-1000's are lookin pretty good
I just put in 2 TC 10000 10's I was limited to 5.75 inches of mounting depth They sound excelent and get really low considering I have them in a .65 cuft box. I just tested them with Late Night Tip and **** it was turning heads as I drove down wilsire in L.A. I have my box downfire and I'm a bit short on depth between the floor and woofer but they still sound great. With 6.5 inches of mounting depth you could do a downfire and lift them higher than I can in my Titan. It would be an excelent setup.

Honestly I found myself turning the volume knob DOWN, but I'm not as insaine as some people on here.

I'd go for the TC1000's or Si BMs (I have not heard the BMs) or maybe AA Arsenals (have not heard them either) if they hit as low as TC (or close to it) and maintain the SQ from the Assassin.

In my small enclosure I think the SQ from the Assassin was a little, but noticably more accurate than the TC's, at least on higher frequencies, it also had a little more clearance in the downfire due to having less excursion but the difference in output and their ability to get low make up for the difference if you want SQL. I personaly like downfire subs under the rear seat of the truck, however I guess tests prove you can get more output from upfire when you flip the seats up (I leave my stuff hidden so It does not get jacked) and I think subs sound better and shake the truck more with downfire.

Is that a Chevy? My friend has 2 JLW6V2 10's and I can't say anything bad about them either. I'm not a JL fan anymore but W6's are great for SQL and you might be able to find some for cheap. Just an alternative, I'm not sure if his W6's sound better or worse but **** these TC's hit low, I can't imagine them in a larger sealed box., or ported. Ic an't stand the sound from my other box in my titan tuned around 40-50 htz, it sounds REALLY good on some songs but gets boomy on others. At first I thoguth it sounded great considering it was ported, untill I installed my AA Assassin and it's been getting more fun from there.

You might consider getting 10" TC 1000's Downfire them with 3-4 inches of clearance rather than pushing the limits with 12's (if you are near them)

BTW!!!!!!!! I'm not sure 12" D6's will fit, the 10" Verson is 6.2 inches their specs online are INCORRECT I could not fit the 10" in my truck. I would imagine the 12" would be deeper and not fit into your 6.5 inches of munting depth. Better check them out in person before you buy. I'm not overly upset anymore but I paid $50 to have D6's shipped and never even saw the box (company called post office to have it returned). Basicaly just money into the toilet so I would hate for that to happen to you) However the 10" D6 would fit, but you would have to make a new baffel / box which is sounds like you might need to do anyways to have an SQL setup 40htz is SPL all the way.

So far from all the searching and what not i have done the TC's sound like the best option. Head to head will they out perform the SSD's?
Considering that Fi said I should look into the AA Arsenal instead o their SSD for SQ setup, and my TC performes louder and lower than Arsenal and still has decent SQ the answer is; maybe...

Honestly I don't know though I have not used the Fi. None of my subs are in a ported box either. Sometimes I am the only one I trust and just have to try differnet things....Alot of people say ED subs have excelent SQ for the money, but there is a reason my friend just removed his and put his old Arc Audio woofer back in...Oh year, Arc makes some nice SQ woofers, not sure on SQL though...

Si BM's might be better than the TC's as well if you like the higher freq's, they sure are alot more money. ROE said they almost have a midbass presence to them, might work well in your ported box. The real advantage I see on the TC's is the extra X-max at low frequencies, but your putting them in a high tuned ported box.......... Maybe seal off the port and go sealed if you want SQL, then that box is just about the right size for the TC's...I don't think 2 cuft is large enough for 2 12" ported subs.

Cool, then go with TC1000's AA Arsenals or Si BM's I don't think you can go wrong with any of these options. I have not heard teh Si's or Arsenals, but I heave heard the Assassins.

The TC's do play nice and low.

under the back seat of my truck, 6.5 is the best i can do. The box is a little over 2cubs and its tuned to 40hz. For power i have a custom jbl amp that will do around 3000@1 ohm
they are sealed, not ported
Can someone please explain to me how to tune a sealed box? I've never heard of that before... maybe cuz im a n00B??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

under the back seat of my truck, 6.5 is the best i can do. The box is a little over 2cubs and its tuned to 40hz. For power i have a custom jbl amp that will do around 3000@1 ohm
240937757.jpg
in this pic, with the seat down, what is the exact clearance of said seat? i'm betting they hit it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.