Best SQL 12's for $400

jwool15
10+ year member

Alright guys, so both of my SSD's were toasted. One had a bad voice coil and the other just wouldn't even work. The sad thing is i just pulled them out of the box and hooked them up too, and didnt romp on them. I have emailed FI and asked for my money back. I have $400 to spend and a mounting depth of 6.5. THEY CANNOT BE BIGGER THAN 6.5. I would really like a pair of mags but don't think i could find a used pair for $400. Whats out there. Want the best SQL sub possible. Want that huge ground shaking bass that also sounds good. Thanks guys. Oh amp is not a problem either, stable to 1ohm..

Alright guys, so both of my SSD's were toasted. One had a bad voice coil and the other just wouldn't even work. The sad thing is i just pulled them out of the box and hooked them up too, and didnt romp on them. I have emailed FI and asked for my money back. I have $400 to spend and a mounting depth of 6.5. THEY CANNOT BE BIGGER THAN 6.5. I would really like a pair of mags but don't think i could find a used pair for $400. Whats out there. Want the best SQL sub possible. Want that huge ground shaking bass that also sounds good. Thanks guys. Oh amp is not a problem either, stable to 1ohm..
SI BM 12's

u need more mounting depth cuz to get with the program
under the back seat of my truck, 6.5 is the best i can do. The box is a little over 2cubs and its tuned to 40hz. For power i have a custom jbl amp that will do around 3000@1 ohm

240937757.jpg

If it's tuned to 40Hz, there shouldn't be an "SQ" anywhere in this equation //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

under the back seat of my truck, 6.5 is the best i can do. The box is a little over 2cubs and its tuned to 40hz. For power i have a custom jbl amp that will do around 3000@1 ohm
240937757.jpg
2+CF for 1 12"s, 40hz tuning(unloading under F3) and 3000 watts is what killed those ssd subs. You should think about some BL 10"s in that box.

2+CF for 1 12"s, 40hz tuning(unloading under F3) and 3000 watts is what killed those ssd subs. You should think about some BL 10"s in that box.
Gain not even turned up a quarter of the way, and they were running off of an old **** mtx amp when i first got them. The voice coil didnt work from the get go. All im asking is for a good a recomendation. Not changing my box or amp. 2 12s for $400 with a mount depth of NO MORE than 6.5

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.