Best SQ options. Flexible cash flow.

camdog
10+ year member

Atlanta
I'm thinking about just upgrading my headunit and speakers. NO EXTERNAL AMPS. I'll probably pick the Alpine CDA-7894. If I don't have all the extra power from an amp, what would be my best choice for upgraded speakers front, back, and sub. I drive a 2001 Tahoe, it comes with 9 speakers. 4 (2 6.5in and 2 tiny tweeters) front, 2 (6.5in) rear, 2 tiny tweeters in the back, 1 (8in)sub. Speak to me people.

I was thinking the Infinity Kappas, but I wasn't sure if it made sense to use these when I was only driving them with my headunit.

I want SQ. I think the Alpine will push about 20 RMS per channel (4channel). That's my limitation, price shouldn't be.

Boston pros are very good sounding seperates , They are also 3 ohm so powering them with the head shouldnt be a big deal , Just a suggestion im sure there will be more !

All the options I have seen seem to need an amp to punch them. Remember, I'm pushing with the headunit. Give me some more.

Not trying to be a dick, but if your cash flow is flexible, why not spend a little for a nice 4 channel amp? That way your options wouldn't be so limited. Room shouldn't be an issue in a tahoe.

taht alpine iwll push closer to 25 wRMs, not that its a huge difference or anything, lol.

i would definitely go with an external amp, there are some out there for just a few bucks...

how flexible is your cashflow?

cause we can recommend speakers all teh way up to 6k per set...

(rainbows)...

I don't want all that crap in my rig. Period. I do understand that amps give me much more flexibility, but I want simple. Head Unit with upgraded speakers. Talk to me.

noman, tehr are many decent speakers that can do with only 25 - 30 rMS and still sound good, pioneers are known to perfrom well without tons of power...

some of the infinity speaks are good, kappas...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.