Best single din HU for BT (4 chn)?

Participant count
  • Participant list

oysterman

UK
I've come round to the idea of blue tooth so I'm looking for some recommendations. I'm after an HU that has excellent BT performance, four channel, and designed for digitital audio. Don't need a CD player. Would like RCA aux in.

Not familiar with who makes decent HUs these days so any pointers appreciated.

Cheers

Interesting. Two votes for JVC. Is JVC generally considered a good digital receiver then? Wondering what they've managed to nail that others haven't, or is it recommended because of the price?
They got bought out by kenwood. They are using better parts at about 2/3s the cost. When they get popular they will go up. Get them while you can. That cd b player will be 200 next year

They got bought out by kenwood. They are using better parts at about 2/3s the cost. When they get popular they will go up. Get them while you can. That cd b player will be 200 next year
So, noob question. Do these BT HUs behave like a BT speaker in that they just receive whatever is being broadcast from a phone? They don't require an app or anything? I'm wanting to hook my phone up to a wireless network that has a USB hard drive attached and play my music through an app on my phone (Neutron). I'm hoping that once my phone connects to the HU, the HU just plays whatever my phone is bcasting - is that correct?

I reread the question. I'm not sure if the said program will work but I know my phone works on Bluetooth or usb with Google play and pandora. See if you can find a local store and try it.

I'm sure someone here can help you better. I use a USB for all my music and movies.

So, noob question. Do these BT HUs behave like a BT speaker in that they just receive whatever is being broadcast from a phone? They don't require an app or anything? I'm wanting to hook my phone up to a wireless network that has a USB hard drive attached and play my music through an app on my phone (Neutron). I'm hoping that once my phone connects to the HU, the HU just plays whatever my phone is bcasting - is that correct?
you can just plug the USB straight into the head unit.

For bluetooth whatever is being played on your phone is transmitted thats all.

you can just plug the USB straight into the head unit.
For bluetooth whatever is being played on your phone is transmitted thats all.
I suspect there will be restrictions on file size re the USB hard drive (format type, size of drive, format of music file), not to mention navigation, but at least that option is there.

I suspect there will be restrictions on file size re the USB hard drive (format type, size of drive, format of music file), not to mention navigation, but at least that option is there.
All the units listed works with flac, mp3, wav etc.. navigation is simple, you'll get used to knowing where the songs are at by memory within the first week. 64 gb is the average size of acceptable USBs. So whatever personal songs you want, keep it on the USB. Whatever else, use your phone's streaming app.

For example i have my bass demo songs on usb and some SQ lossless files as well. For normal daily music streaming i have spotify premium on my phone.

I'm still a fan of Kenwood eXcelon for quality and features. Having CD is usually an option for nicer decks. JVC/Sony/Pioneer always had some cool tech but blah cosmetics and cheap faceplates. I am loyal to Alpine head units and processors because I like their menu structure, output quality, and feature sets... but only their nicer models. I don't like the entry Alpine models. I own the CDE-HD149BT and really like the unit. The TuneIt app is a cool way to control the audio tuning features.

But your post is asking about the "nicest" single din. There are a few $1k options out there with the new Sony mechless being a popular choice. But using BT for your music source doesn't justify buying the "nicest" unit.

I usually avoid the lowest cost units also, because cheaper parts show up in unreliable BT performance and faceplate control issues a year or two in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.