Best shallow mounted sub

Tomjet2

Emmaus
I'm new to the whole subwoofer world and I need Help choosing the best shallow mounted subwoofer. I've looked at the Rockford fosgate, pioneer, and the kicker cvt. which one of those are the best and if there are other options around that price range please suggest them.

Ive had the Rockford P3s when i got my first truck and its ok for adding a little bass but is by no means a window shaker, i aswell have had the jl tw-5 v2 which is quite a bit more expensive then any of those and I was kinda impressed with it in a 0.95 cube box stuffed with a little pollyfill for a shallow mount though. If you can get your hands on a Si BM MkIV I liked that sub for the price point. Other than that you can look at earthquakes line up of subs they have some crazy excursion for a shallow but ive never owned one so i cant comment. Sundown makes a shallow mount sub around your price range too.

I have read alot of good things about the sundown SD 8" and 10". Skar audio make a shallow sub also. The VD series but i can't find much info about them. I'm kind of in the same boat as you right now. I dont know what i should go with in my chevy crew cab. I'm also thinking about getting a probox and sub from probox but i cant find info on it except from the probox website.

the best is hands down the stereo intergity

then i would use the sd8

then the jl tw5

then the sd10

then the tw3

image dynamics just came out with a line of shallows which should do well, and diamond audio make nice shallows they just arent terribly loud

at no point will i ever use a skar product

I just bought the Sundown sd-2 8" and it has a 4.75" mounting depth but says it doesn't require any venting space behind it. Looks beastly. I'll post pics when home. But also only requires a .25 cubic foot sealed box.

I don't know the price range of the ones you listed but the Sundown is around $150.

The 10" also is only 4.75" depth and can be put in a .5 cubic foot box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.