New setup! 2 12" bandpass box? Just looking for some info.

Darkstrike120

So i just bought some used subs. JBL 1200.1 amp and 2 12" infinity perfects 12.1 in a bandpass box? the only thing im confused on is the ports are on the back chamber for the subs and they share a sealed compartment from the front firing side. I though bandpass boxes were suppose to be ported in the front? looks kinda like this

http://www.legacycaraudio.com/el/LBF107.jpg

My other issue is these subs are only rated for 350 watts each. However I am pushing over 600 to each sub. Is this ok? they look pretty beefy. Afraid of smoking them. Tried cranking it up but cant really hear any distortion, making it very hard to set the gain. I bought the whole setup off the guy so im not the one who set this up.

that box is garbage and those sub's won't work in them the best way to do it is to have a box made if you can't do that at least put them in a nice prefab ported box like atrend

So i just bought some used subs. JBL 1200.1 amp and 2 12" infinity perfects 12.1 in a bandpass box? the only thing im confused on is the ports are on the back chamber for the subs and they share a sealed compartment from the front firing side. I though bandpass boxes were suppose to be ported in the front? looks kinda like thishttp://www.legacycaraudio.com/el/LBF107.jpg

My other issue is these subs are only rated for 350 watts each. However I am pushing over 600 to each sub. Is this ok? they look pretty beefy. Afraid of smoking them. Tried cranking it up but cant really hear any distortion, making it very hard to set the gain. I bought the whole setup off the guy so im not the one who set this up.
That box seems incredibly small for a pair of any kind of 12's. Most likely it'll sound pretty loud in a very narrow range of frequencies and everything you play will sound like the same note. This is typical results for buying a prefab box and just dropping whatever you have in there.

I'd suggest that Infinity makes a decent product that would be capable of sounding quite nice in the right application. It is likely that they'd sound much nicer just dropping them into whatever sealed box you have.

Yeah in like two weeks maybe ill try that out. Dont have a lot of time right now. it says each sub wants about 1cuft of airspace in a sealed box. my sealed box is exactly 2cuft internal volume. So should work perfectly. Maybe ill just plug the ports on the box i have for now to see how it sounds. There is exactly 1cuft of airspace that they would each have if i plugged the ports and took the plexi off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.