Best set up for my speakers??????

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi Everyone- this is my 1st post in the forums.

I have 3 12" Cerwin Vega VMAX subs which are all 1200 RMS / 2000 watts peak.

4ohm DVC

They are also in a sealed box with 3 separations for each speaker in the box- (they are not sharing any of the same airspace)....

I just bought these speakers and I am looking for an adequate amp.

Option #1 Mono block amp that is at least 3500 watts RMS pushing all 3 speakers- (I am pretty sure there is a way to wire all 3 subs down to 1 ohm but not 100% sure)....

Option #2 buy 3 separate amps 1000- 1500 watts RMS each and ensure that I have plenty of headroom for each speaker.

These are the 2 options that I am thinking of-

-Does anyone else have any ideas or best ways to get this system shattering some windows?

-Can I wire all 3 subs together to 1ohm?

-Does this specific speaker with this box sound better running at 2 ohm or 1 ohm?

Thanks in advance everyone!

That will never shatter windows.

For 3500 watts you need to start with a high out put alternator. Look up singer alternators.

You would be better off running 2 in a proper ported box, not a off the shelf box. Putting a solid 3000 watts to the pair at 1ohm. 2 DVC4s can wire to 1ohm.

Shattering windows" I was joking-

Thanks for the input on the alternator- (I already have one on the way)

As far as running 3 of them together. what would be the best fit in your option? I bought 3 of them so I definetly want to use all 3 unless I would have better sound with 2 or 4-

Thanks

The problem with 3 is that would be 2.7ohm final. Finding that power at 3ohms is very expensive. You could use something that does 9000 at 1ohm like the DC 9.0k. Or you could strap two 3ks.

Even so 2 ported on a solid 3k will outdo it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.