AQ3500v1 at .25 ohm daily???

Yes.. Do not drop below 12.8v as performance decreases and it gets hot.
If you have the electrical then it should not be an issue.
I believe my electrical should be fine. I have 2 alts (even though they only put out 280 amps combined) and 7 group 31 105 ah batteries plus stock up front. With it wired a 1 ohm I only drop from 14 to 13.6 at full tilt at idle. But I also have about 1000rms on mids and highs.

I believe my electrical should be fine. I have 2 alts (even though they only put out 280 amps combined) and 7 group 31 105 ah batteries plus stock up front. With it wired a 1 ohm I only drop from 14 to 13.6 at full tilt at idle. But I also have about 1000rms on mids and highs.
I am actually getting all my advice from the owner of the black nasty..

Met him at a comp..

Even if you had just one of those alts theres guys running it at .5 with one 270 amp & 3 batteries.

But you should be fine. Just dont do full tilt constantly at idle.

I am actually getting all my advice from the owner of the black nasty..
Met him at a comp..

Even if you had just one of those alts theres guys running it at .5 with one 270 amp & 3 batteries.

But you should be fine. Just dont do full tilt constantly at idle.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

anyone else?

is this the one with single inputs??
Yes but my amp is only about 2ft from my battery bank. So the single run of 1/0 should be able to handle it. I have been looking at dual inputs since that side of my truck is wired with dual runs of 1/0 from when I had my powedbass 5k

.5 and .25 is a BIG difference. Personally wouldn't do it for daily as it will cut down on life of amp and "might" not like high/low transisions in music.

I've burped them at .25, rolling up with no issues.....

Why not get a 2nd amp and run them at .5 each???

.5 and .25 is a BIG difference. Personally wouldn't do it for daily as it will cut down on life of amp and "might" not like high/low transisions in music.
I've burped them at .25, rolling up with no issues.....

Why not get a 2nd amp and run them at .5 each???
That's what I built the setup for. I had 2 powerbass 5k's and was going to strap them for a final load of 1 ohm. I plan to run 2 of the new CT Sounds 4ks strapped when they come out.

If I could find one that I could trade for I would do it in a heart beat. But its hard enough finding a v1 that someone wants to get rid of, much less trade for.

And I don't really want to spend cash on another AQ3500 when im just going to turn around and buy the 2 new 4ks

That's what I built the setup for. I had 2 powerbass 5k's and was going to strap them for a final load of 1 ohm. I plan to run 2 of the new CT Sounds 4ks strapped when they come out.
If I could find one that I could trade for I would do it in a heart beat. But its hard enough finding a v1 that someone wants to get rid of, much less trade for.

And I don't really want to spend cash on another AQ3500 when im just going to turn around and buy the 2 new 4ks
Why not get a 2nd AQ? You think the CT amps will be much of a difference?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.