Strap or Not?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Crownvicon28s
10+ year member

God 1st
Trying to decide between an amp that does around 4k @ 1 ohm ran at .5 ohm or two 3k amps strapped at 2 ohms. I have been told by some that they have actually been more quite when strapping amps. Then I read that rise is spit between amps when strapped so it seems that the strapped amps would make more power. Im thinking I can get a little over 4k with the one amp and maybe 1800 per amp with the strapped amps if they see 2 ohms after rise so 3600. Does this sound correct? Which would you choose, price is very similar with each? They will be powering two Z v.3 15's.

What amps are in play here?

I have had several people tell me that they've had more consistent results using one amp. But then again, running said amp at .5 may throw that idea out of the boat.

1 ddm3b and 2 gp3kd pro's and I already know dd>crunch. lol. Just really trying to find out if my logic behind strapping amps is correct. I've never ran multiple sub amps before.

I would personally run a single ddm3b over the Crunch's. Proven clean and reliable power > Unreliable and potentially dirty power any day of the week. The DD would do well over 4k @ .5 ohm provided you can maintain 14V.

As for the strapping logic, I've never strapped, so I couldn't give an honest answer on that.

I would personally run a single ddm3b over the Crunch's. Proven clean and reliable power > Unreliable and potentially dirty power any day of the week. The DD would do well over 4k @ .5 ohm provided you can maintain 14V.
As for the strapping logic, I've never strapped, so I couldn't give an honest answer on that.
I only need a clean 4k or so, just figured amps get more inefficient at .5 daily. I will have 320ah of battery and a 240amp alt would that be enough?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Crownvicon28s

10+ year member
God 1st
Crownvicon28s
Spartanburg, SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date