Best Port Tuning = (SPL).

Obviously not. If you couldn't sniff that out after OP posted twice you should probably lurk more and post less.

That's why he's wanting to buy a meter genius. I guess he wants a meter because he will never compete? He's asking about SPL and meters for a reason kid. I guess you want to start shitt too. Sounds like more fun.

I guess he wants a meter because he will never compete?

Or you could just skip to the part where you give the big galaxy-brain reveal of what being competitive means, OP can say flat out that he doesn't really want that but wants to be able to play music, and then you can dislocate your arm patting yourself on the back about how clever you are and post more pictures of other peoples' builds and scores.

Kinda sux I have to log in to clean-up the threads.
Blocked users don't disappear until logged in.
This board is such a **** show lately it's cringy to even take a look.
It's sad what has happened... back to lurking I suppose.
I personally tune 3-6hz under cabin peak depending on flex myself. That under 30hz what I consider loud and low and requires a ton of power and cone. The term Spl has morphed into something different for everyone since everything changed around 2000. No more hi efficiency and big box. Now it's cone, power and electrical mostly.
I digress... Those 3 laws are still there but most subs are overmotored hi- excursion drivers with insane power handling compared to my day.

Or you could just skip to the part where you give the big galaxy-brain reveal of what being competitive means, OP can say flat out that he doesn't really want that but wants to be able to play music, and then you can dislocate your arm patting yourself on the back about how clever you are and post more pictures of other peoples' builds and scores.

I've posted three complete builds of my own vehicles in the last three years. How many of your builds have you posted? I've also posted my own scores when I competed (and won).

Screenshot_20221125-202106_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220319-214810_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20221125-202139_Facebook.jpg

I personally tune 3-6hz under cabin peak depending on flex myself. That under 30hz what I consider loud and low and requires a ton of power and cone. The term Spl has morphed into something different for everyone since everything changed around 2000. No more hi efficiency and big box. Now it's cone, power and electrical mostly.
I digress... Those 3 laws are still there but most subs are overmotored hi- excursion drivers with insane power handling compared to my day.

Everybody isn't perfect like you man. Congratulations on your perfection!

Somebody takes every little thing and posts on the most pointless threads constantly. You feel attacked... Ask yourself why. I never specified you personally.
Jeez.... Just lurk and chime in. Everyone can add something but... Comon' Corn Pop.
Really?

When a person calls me out specifically then yes I will take it personal. Who wouldn't? That's like saying, "don't take this personal but you're a dickhead." Really what? What did I say wrong now? You seem to be the judge. I did not know that.

I'm about anti censorship. To tell you the truth from a knowledge level of myself. This thread was the most helpful.

I kind wish you wouldn't delete the posts or users because I now finally get it.

The arguments were valid even though it was conflicting.

Otherwise I'd never get the answer I needed.

Can you name drop a few Brands and Models that you would consider to have:
"overmotored hi- excursion drivers with insane power handling".

🛸

🛸
Huh?
Some $900 Sundown subs come to mind. If you want extreme lows you better be able to feed it.

And who's censoring? I choose to keep certain feed's out of my " car audio.com" experience.
I don't control this board, never claimed to and would like to help more, but others insist on being top dog post-wise. Ok then... Let the "experts". run this forum. Or is it a nurse ratchet situation?I have over 30yrs exp, testing and hands-on . I'm not a savant like some but I canunderstand I am still learning.
I'll finish with this...
I learn everyday, I choose who I help and expect blowback... Designing sux.
Everyone wants panel flex cause they spent money somewhere... I get it.
Ok then... Let's design.
I design.

🛸

These days power is cheap thus you have subs like you DD 700 designed to take 1500w daily. They add tight suspension with a large coil.

Wasn't that long ago late 90 early 2000s that tc sounds was making the tc3 a 3inch coiled motor that was only 1000w rms but was consequently a soft suspension.

Which was better? Really that's debatable. Remember alot of these bassheads are from the older era and have fond memories of old setups. We're those old set ups bad? I doubt it but are the new setups any better or worse?

Personally I try and build around 2kw or less for subs and 1500w or less for highs. That's around 300amps of current draw. Anything more and electrical upgrades get extremely costly.

I'm about anti censorship. To tell you the truth from a knowledge level of myself. This thread was the most helpful.

I kind wish you wouldn't delete the posts or users because I now finally get it.

He didn't delete anything. He said ignored posts still show up if you aren't logged in. There are a few dipshits on this site that everyone ignores. You will quickly discover who they are.

And you will quickly realize who posts builds and videos of their own vehicles and who just likes to come on here to prove how smart they are (in their mind anyway). Shredder2 designed this single 15" box for me before he blocked me. 😂🤷🏼‍♂️ It sounded great. He knows his shitt.

Screenshot_20221125-202048_Facebook.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...