Best pair of 12s for price range...

Yessir. If you have any questions about em PM me, great subs..

He's already running obsidian.
Just a different dustcap. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yeah, they're $50 cheaper than the SA-12 and they're pretty close to being the same sub.
Same shit, different day, subs are basically the same, same owner, basically same specs. Not even worth your time there would be no audible difference

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Just a different dustcap. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Exactly

Same shit, different day, subs are basically the same, same owner, basically same specs. Not even worth your time there would be no audible difference
My point is, I'm going from 1 15 to 2 12s in hopes to gain some output by upping the power, cone area, and being able to run them in an optimal enclosure.

My point is, I'm going from 1 15 to 2 12s in hopes to gain some output by upping the power, cone area, and being able to run them in an optimal enclosure.
Oh shiet, didn't see that, yeah mayne, if you're gonna take the time to switch em out, I'd go with a stronger sub(s) as well to really make it worth your time, building a new box, etc etc.

Oh shiet, didn't see that, yeah mayne, if you're gonna take the time to switch em out, I'd go with a stronger sub(s) as well to really make it worth your time, building a new box, etc etc.
I totally agree. I was going to run 2 SA-12s, but this thread's purpose is to pretty much find the best deal out there as far as performance per dollar goes. The XFLs have a pretty nice price for being rated at 1000w, but the OA-12s could perform just as well as SA-12s at about $50 cheaper per sub.

I totally agree. I was going to run 2 SA-12s, but this thread's purpose is to pretty much find the best deal out there as far as performance per dollar goes. The XFLs have a pretty nice price for being rated at 1000w, but the OA-12s could perform just as well as SA-12s at about $50 cheaper per sub.
What's nice about the XFL is it'll get moving nice on 1k. But if you wanted you could throw 2k at 1. I'm putting 1300 on the one in my girls car and it takes it all day long.

It's just me but I don't think it'd be worth your time to switch out to such similar subs and not gain too much cone area, with similar subs.. that's just me though, it's your set up mayne, just my advice

What's nice about the XFL is it'll get moving nice on 1k. But if you wanted you could throw 2k at 1. I'm putting 1300 on the one in my girls car and it takes it all day long.
It's just me but I don't think it'd be worth your time to switch out to such similar subs and not gain too much cone area, with similar subs.. that's just me though, it's your set up mayne, just my advice
Yeah, I appreciate it. I'll probably throw them their rated power, just because it's gonna take a lot to beef up my electrical system past 2,000w. That's why I was looking at the SA-12s, just because 2K watts would be about perfect - I could overpower each of them a little bit and it'd be fine. I just don't know if I'm gonna be able to run enough power to give each of them 2,000.

Yeah, I appreciate it. I'll probably throw them their rated power, just because it's gonna take a lot to beef up my electrical system past 2,000w. That's why I was looking at the SA-12s, just because 2K watts would be about perfect - I could overpower each of them a little bit and it'd be fine. I just don't know if I'm gonna be able to run enough power to give each of them 2,000.
What car do you drive? I have a guy who gets me Dekas and Sprinter batts for cheap then I get shipping for CHEEEEEEAP, if you need batts PM me I can hook you up. I get Deka 106 ah batts for 125 a piece brand new and shipping is only like $25, would normally be around 80

What car do you drive? I have a guy who gets me Dekas and Sprinter batts for cheap then I get shipping for CHEEEEEEAP, if you need batts PM me I can hook you up. I get Deka 106 ah batts for 125 a piece brand new and shipping is only like $25, would normally be around 80
Boy, you're not too good at reading signatures, are you? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I drive an '04 Grand Prix.

Boy, you're not too good at reading signatures, are you? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I drive an '04 Grand Prix.
Lmao I'm in class so I'm just poaaasting

Yeah you'd have room for these, there like 11x7x8 iirc.. I have 2 in my silverado, one in factory location the other behind the seat, DC XP 270 and it holds my voltage at 14.5, I charge at 14.9

Lmao I'm in class so I'm just poaaasting

Yeah you'd have room for these, there like 11x7x8 iirc.. I have 2 in my silverado, one in factory location the other behind the seat, DC XP 270 and it holds my voltage at 14.5, I charge at 14.9
How does a dual battery setup work, anyway? Does the alternator charge both? What does the 2nd battery do? It'd be awesome if you could explain it to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.