Best pair of 12s for price range...

Full Tilt
10+ year member

Bonafide MAFer
Iowa
Hey guys. I plan on upping my system to 2 12s this summer, doing a bit of a rebuild. I'm running an SA-15 right now and I love it, I actually currently plan on running 2 SA-12s. However, I'm just looking for the best deal, so I'd like to get some input. I want to stay in the 600 - 1000w per sub range. I just had some subs to compare to the SA-12, I wanted to see where I'd get my best bang for my buck.

Now, the SA-12 is a 600w sub, but many people throw 1,000w at them daily no problem. Would they more closely compare to the IA Lethal Injection series (600w) or Death Row (1000w)? Keep in mind, these prices are considered. The Death Row is nearly $150 more than the Lethal Injection, does the performance upgrade match this? Could the LI take up to 1000w daily just like the SA-12? How do the subs compare (the LI is barely more expensive than the SA)? What other subs could I consider in the same power/price range?

Hey guys. I plan on upping my system to 2 12s this summer, doing a bit of a rebuild. I'm running an SA-15 right now and I love it, I actually currently plan on running 2 SA-12s. However, I'm just looking for the best deal, so I'd like to get some input. I want to stay in the 600 - 1000w per sub range. I just had some subs to compare to the SA-12, I wanted to see where I'd get my best bang for my buck.
Now, the SA-12 is a 600w sub, but many people throw 1,000w at them daily no problem. Would they more closely compare to the IA Lethal Injection series (600w) or Death Row (1000w)? Keep in mind, these prices are considered. The Death Row is nearly $150 more than the Lethal Injection, does the performance upgrade match this? Could the LI take up to 1000w daily just like the SA-12? How do the subs compare (the LI is barely more expensive than the SA)? What other subs could I consider in the same power/price range?
Li's get loud but if your lookin for a bigger upgrade grab the death rows

Li's get loud but if your lookin for a bigger upgrade grab the death rows
Well, how would the LIs compare to the SAs on the same power? And are the Death Rows worth the extra $150 per sub?

Well, how would the LIs compare to the SAs on the same power? And are the Death Rows worth the extra $150 per sub?
Yes there worth it and the Lis would be noticeably louder prolly but not what ur looking for I don't think grab the death rows and call it a day

li has a 3 inch coil vs the sa's. from my experience the li hits the lows a little better vs the sa.

you may also want to look at a dc level 3 or xfl
@mylows10 ; can hook you up with either :)

L7s are very peaky and will not play low.

Another sub to consider would be a pair of XFLs, I usually don't buy new but @mylows10 ; gave me a great price on the 10 I bought from him. You should consider them, great, great sub for the price. I've got one 10 in my girlfriends car in 1.4 tuned to 32 and it absolutely murders everything 25-60

[quote name='04murdalanche']L7s are very peaky and will not play low.

Another sub to consider would be a pair of XFLs, I usually don't buy new but @mylows10 ; gave me a great price on the 10 I bought from him. You should consider them, great, great sub for the price. I've got one 10 in my girlfriends car in 1.4 tuned to 32 and it absolutely murders everything 25-60[/QUOTE]

I was also seriously considering 2 XFLs, 10 or 12s. I hope mylows gets in here soon, I'd like to talk to a dealer about pricing on these.

I was also seriously considering 2 XFLs, 10 or 12s. I hope mylows gets in here soon, I'd like to talk to a dealer about pricing on these.
Him and SPLaudio can also be found on MAF.com, you might have better luck reaching them there by either PM or vendor forums.

Him and SPLaudio can also be found on MAF.com, you might have better luck reaching them there by either PM or vendor forums.
I might have to wait until I get home then. MAF is blocked on the school laptops. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.