Best Head Unit in 200-280 range

KuNgFuDeViL

I just bought a new 2005 Impreza 2.5 RS and have not bought a new CD player since I got the one I had that is 4 or 5 years old. The sounds ***** in the new car and I decided I should start out with a head unit so I can put my old sub and amp in to cover me until I get new speakers. Since I have not bought any new car audio equipment for the past few years I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what would be the best head unit for me to purchase under $250. I don't really want to spend much more than that since I am still in school and making payments now. Anything suggestions for a unit from 150-250 would be helpful. Doesn't matter to me if it plays MP3 or WMA files, don't download music too much anymore. Manufacturers I would be interested in looking at would be Pioneer, Sony, Panasonic and perhaps Dual. Not too interested in JVC, Kenwood, Alpine, Aiwa or Clarion. Just advice on what is the best in the range. Thanks

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-IkQWsqJBJDr/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=500CDA9827&cc=01&search=9827
apline CDA 9827 - $260 with 3 year warranty free shipping and all wireing\install\ harnesses + free instructions for your particular vehicle. no "genaric" install equipment with the "break tab 1 and insert tab 3b into slot z"

is a great HU and looks good too.
Where do you see that you get a 3 year warranty on alpine head units? I believe their warranty is 1 year(and crutchfield lists the warranty as 1 year).

AFAIK, the only manufacturer that offers a 3 year factory warranty on head units is Eclipse.

you want a nice head unit for 200. I got an alpine cda-7977 . Same colors as 9827 It was 500 brand new. It's just a preamp/cd player. It' sittin in my closet scince i wrecked my rx7

Look on ebay for the earlier (non '04) Alpines. I got my CDA-9815 (almost the same as the CDA 9835), for a really good price.
I got the 9815 and im thinking about selling it. I just want to just go back to a simple deck that has a simple bass and treble adjustment. This deck has too many controls that I dont really care about...send me a pm with an offer if you are interested.

Eclipse 3404,3414,3424......best SQ out of the box in that price range IMHO

One step further...5405,5415 or 5425 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

BTW Manny Im gonna go play with your 8445 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.