best DC clamp meter

Participant count
  • Participant list
good call on the harbor freight unit. i use a fluke 88 for all my other stuff, but as Ill use the clamp much less often than that, i cant quite see the 381...

thanks again for the quick response.

what kind of vehicle you running your system in?

My vehicle is a 2007 Tundra Double cab... though that's just my Tow Vehicle for my boat, I get a company car from work and that one is bone stock... though thank god our Audio in the high level trims is very good otherwise I would lose my mind

fluke imo although their recent corporate ******** selling the company and making the products shittier makes me upset

they have a dc clamp for something like $100-150 and its the same one i have. seems pretty accurate

i can pretty much tell you what large case gm alts will make aftermarket vs oem because ive clamped them

a standard ad244 large case from a junkyard will do about 115a hot at idle. a large case singer/dc power/etc alternator without hairpin windings but with upgraded parts will do about 200-220a at idle hot with some doing around 180a if the vehicle has a lower idle rpm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.