Best Connoisseur Audiophile Speakers

lostncyberspace

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone, if you were going to go all out and buy the best speakers, sub etc for a 2022 Honda Accord Hybrid what would you buy? I've been looking online for SEAS Lotus but it doesn't seem like SEAS is producing them anymore. Any advice of some speakers bordering on monitors for a car? Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone, if you were going to go all out and buy the best speakers, sub etc for a 2022 Honda Accord Hybrid what would you buy? I've been looking online for SEAS Lotus but it doesn't seem like SEAS is producing them anymore. Any advice of some speakers bordering on monitors for a car? Thanks in advance.

Its less about actual product and more about install and tuning for a car.

It isn't just plug and play like in a house.

Stereo integrity, audiofrog, hertz mille, focal k2, and morel all make great speakers. They are all quite expensive and I would want to spend another 3-500 on install components and techniques to make them sound good and add a dsp at the same time to fine tune the speakers

Any advice of some speakers bordering on monitors for a car? Thanks in advance.
Any of the Dynaudio offerings (Esotec, Esotar, Esotan). Linear Power is my first choice. Wish list actually. As far as using DSP for tuning and whatnot; I am not for it. I am a fan of simplicity, and nothing simpler than a Class A or AB amp with some passive x-overs and clean components. That is how I have found which speakers are most pleasing to me. I currently use the defunct brands a/d/s, Blues Audio, and Elemental Designs.

You could give these a shot.

Screenshot_20221017-230346_Chrome.jpg

The best drive units I have heard are those from Accuton - but they are even more expensive than the Morel ones. The Morel are great but are very expensive when you look at the units they make for home audio. The same/very similar mid is about £400.00, for example.

I have Hertz Mille Pro in my car now and they are excellent. To be honest, my car system is already able to show up recording quality of tracks and, as others have said, installation and tuning are more important than outright drive unit quality. Dynaudio, Focal, etc also make great components.

Last edited:
The best drive units I have heard are those from Accuton - but they are even more expensive than the Morel ones. The Morel are great but are very expensive when you look at the units they make for home audio. The sam/similar mid is about £400.00, for example.

I have Hertz Mille Pro in my car now and they are excellent. To be honest, my car system is already able to show up recording quality of tracks and, as others have said, installation and tuning are more important than outright drive unit quality. Dynaudio, Focal, etc also make great components.
I had a good friend that ran that set of Hertz Mille Pro on a Gladden with Pods for all speakers. The truck was really Deadened and solid. Ran an 80PRS Hu and a Boston Oval 13" sub on another Gladden. I sat in Awe and listened for a couple hours. To this date.. to me, some the best dammned speakers Ive ever heard and the install was the key to pure amazing SQ. I plan on getting a set eventually and do an SQ/SQL setup

I had a good friend that ran that set of Hertz Mille Pro on a Gladden with Pods for all speakers. The truck was really Deadened and solid. Ran an 80PRS Hu and a Boston Oval 13" sub on another Gladden. I sat in Awe and listened for a couple hours. To this date.. to me, some the best dammned speakers Ive ever heard and the install was the key to pure amazing SQ. I plan on getting a set eventually and do an SQ/SQL setup

Yeah, I must say I’m surprised how good they are and they are a bit out of step with the cheaper models that Hertz do. They aren’t cheap, but there a lot more expensive speakers out there. Having said that, mine are run actively and don’t use the passive crossover. I also have a sub.

Yeah, I must say I’m surprised how good they are and they are a bit out of step with the cheaper models that Hertz do. They aren’t cheap, but there a lot more expensive speakers out there. Having said that, mine are run actively and don’t use the passive crossover. I also have a sub.

This is all great info, thanks everyone. Honestly, I'm not doing the install myself, I don't have the knowledge or the time but the shop seems respectable. This is what I was quoted

Should I go with Hertz / Accuton or Morel instead?

EDIT: Sorry I had to look at the prices of the last two! Okay so I probably can't budget Accuton but I should be able to do Hertz & Morel,,,, Do you recommend them more then Audiofrog?

Last edited:
This is all great info, thanks everyone. Honestly, I'm not doing the install myself, I don't have the knowledge or the time but the shop seems respectable. This is what I was quoted

View attachment 43741

Should I go with Hertz / Accuton or Morel instead?

Personally I wouldn't do rear door speakers. Or I would just do coax or just midrange speakers. The rear tweeters will drag your sound stage rearward.

ok, looking at the proposed system it seems to me that it’s a lot of money for what is, in essence, a very simple setup. The quote is very vague as to exactly which JL Audio amp they are referring to, but the fact that it‘s said to be four channel and they have quoted for two sets of Audiofrog speakers suggest they intend to use the passive crossovers the speakers come with and no DSP. Also, there’s no subwoofer! This certainly isn’t the way I would spend that much money. A car is a truly terrible environment for speakers and DSP is really a godsend in terms of integrating drivers for optimum results. First and second order passive crossovers have no chance. I would also question the need for such expensive speakers in the back - in fact I think far too much is being budgeted on the speakers in general. Personally, I would expect a fully active system for that money and I would spend less on the speakers. Audiofrog seem to have a great reputation but in terms of technical sophistication they are nothing special (though that doesn’t mean they don’t sound great).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...