Best class D amp brands

Where are you getting that a Salt-2 is 250 dollars? Those are 800 new. For the price of 250-400 I would go with the Cab-22 or a Ruthless 2300. Never been a fan of DS 18 and never will be. Even the CT sounds as much as I don't like their history would be over that DS any day.

Where are you getting that a Salt-2 is 250 dollars? Those are 800 new. For the price of 250-400 I would go with the Cab-22 or a Ruthless 2300. Never been a fan of DS 18 and never will be. Even the CT sounds as much as I don't like their history would be over that DS any day.
Do you think those are better than the Slat-2? I found a guy locally that’s selling it for cheap on CG

You think it’s better than the Salt-2 at $250?
If you can find a salt-2 for $250, buy it. There are a lot of DS18 haters out there... more to do with the way they ended up whoring themselves out with WAY to many products, trying to be all to everyone instead of true to their beginnings. Happens to a lot of companies, unfortunately.
The Hooligan is a GREAT amp. THe EXL is a close second in their line-up. Anyone who has not tried them, actually used the hooligan or the EXL (had a 2500.1 that dyno'd at close to 3600 watts) they should not knock them. I Only know their Hooligan and EXL lines, used them many a time, they are solid high performers.
That 2k that does over 4000 watts burst and is stable at .5 ohms is a very good amp. Most all of the amps in this thread are pretty good. Find any of them at a good price and go with it.

Last edited:
Now if you just want to get ridiculous, but reasonable, relatively speaking...

Last edited:
Now if you just want to get ridiculous, but reasonable, relatively speaking...

That is very crazy. Wouldn’t that just blow the speaker? Someone mentioned that the power from the amp won’t blow the speakers, it’s the distortion. But at this level does that still hold true?

That is very crazy. Wouldn’t that just blow the speaker? Someone mentioned that the power from the amp won’t blow the speakers, it’s the distortion. But at this level does that still hold true?
Not sure who said that, I get it, when someone runs amps into clipping without knowing that fine line or what they are doing, yeah, can be a problem. On the subject of this amp, yes. 30,000 watts will turn most any woofers into charcoal!

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...