Best budget subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list
I bought 2 rockford r2d4 12s terrible mistake they lasted half a day before one blew. Now I'm looking for 2 new 12s as I want something newer then my old school CVRs. I have them hooked up to a rockford prime 500watt amp not sure on the base model. My budget is 250$ or less. I'm thinking of getting some sundown e-12d4 500w rms. but I'm not to sure yet. Anyone got some suggestions?

^^^this^^^ find your problem first.

soundqubed hds200, american bass XO, sundown e. That's what i would buy if i had 250 to spend, many quality woofers available within that price range.

You need to find out why the Fosgates blew before you just blow whatever you get next.
I never broke them in good enough but never went to hard with them and my gain was probably set to high but never heard any distortion I have the amp set right for the old school CVRs I have. I work all most of the night so I hooked them up at 2 in the morning and was never able to set the amp right for it

I never broke them in good enough but never went to hard with them and my gain was probably set to high but never heard any distortion I have the amp set right for the old school CVRs I have. I work all most of the night so I hooked them up at 2 in the morning and was never able to set the amp right for it
There is no such thing as a break in period!

You must have just clipped the crap out of the subs.

Yea that's what I guessed. But you get what you pay for. Just wish I had the money back so I would have more to spend on new ones. Love rockford amps some of the best I've ever seen an owned. But I'm done with their woofers

You don't gain set to match subs, you gain set to match the preamp voltage level.

A clipped wave form will be a clipped wave form whether you have 1 sub or 20 subs connected to the amp. Or whether you have cheap subs or high quality subs connected to the amp.

The only time amplifier gain should ever be adjusted to "match" the load on the amp is when the load on the amp cannot handle the amp's full power... and in that case the gain is always lowered.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.