Best Box for the MAgnum???

Participant count
  • Participant list
you tune a box by placing different diameter and length of port(s) relative to the volume of the box. If slot port, then it will depend on width, height length, also relative to the volume.

Originally posted by paikiah you tune a box by placing different diameter and length of port(s) relative to the volume of the box. If slot port, then it will depend on width, height length, also relative to the volume.
I think you missed the question a little bit. Partly my fault.

Here is the question phased differently.

For SPL What EXACT box type and volume would be best for this sub?

Originally posted by Primetime For SPL What EXACT box type and volume would be best for this sub?
ported.. volume dependant on the power you'll have.. also.. by SPL.. do you mean loud to ear.. or loud to meter? big difference..

for meter SPL. I use 2.95 cuft with port area equal to Sd.. tuned very high.. I have 500 watts a driver..

for ear SPL, I'd go for 2-3 cuft tuned to 34hz and lower..

Loyd L.

Originally posted by bigbassman ported.. volume dependant on the power you'll have.. also.. by SPL.. do you mean loud to ear.. or loud to meter? big difference..

for meter SPL. I use 2.95 cuft with port area equal to Sd.. tuned very high.. I have 500 watts a driver..

for ear SPL, I'd go for 2-3 cuft tuned to 34hz and lower..

Loyd L.
I will have about 500 watts to it and I would like it to ear.

would you use a slot or a tube port design?

D

Originally posted by Primetime I will have about 500 watts to it and I would like it to ear.

would you use a slot or a tube port design?

D
both slots, and flared tubes work well.. doesn't really matter either way..

Loyd L.

on the ED site they have some diagrams of boxes.. you know sizes and stuff.. juuuuuuuuuuuust right for their subs. What one of those are best for the Magnum sub and if there is another site to look at for better boxes with "plan" what might that be?

D

on the ED site they have some diagrams of boxes.. you know sizes and stuff.. juuuuuuuuuuuust right for their subs. What one of those are best for the Magnum sub and if there is another site to look at for better boxes with "plan" what might that be?
D
I gave you reccomendations in my above post.. decide on what you can fit / want to build.. and go for it..

Loyd L.

I gave you reccomendations in my above post.. decide on what you can fit / want to build.. and go for it..
Loyd L.
I am good with a 3 cube box tuned to like 30hz.. I guess I just am not really all that great at designing a box that after all is said and done will be 3 cubes and tuned to 30hz. Is there a program that will spit out some blueprints for me?

D

I am good with a 3 cube box tuned to like 30hz.. I guess I just am not really all that great at designing a box that after all is said and done will be 3 cubes and tuned to 30hz. Is there a program that will spit out some blueprints for me?
D

that box is fine.. any box that falls within / near my reccomendation up there will be...

Loyd L.

i dont know if you already said this but what size are you using. if you are using a 15" magnum there is a great blueprint of a 3.2 cube with a port tuned to 32hz on this site that loneranger had posted a while back that you can look for which i just did and its really nice for refrence.

i dont know if you already said this but what size are you using. if you are using a 15" magnum there is a great blueprint of a 3.2 cube with a port tuned to 32hz on this site that loneranger had posted a while back that you can look for which i just did and its really nice for refrence.

this topic is 8 months old.. loser

yea my bad i typed in magnum in to check them out more and i saw this as the first thread and didnt think to look at when it was posted i just figured id help a guy out since i just got helped out. hey and maybe someone new will now notice this and it will help him out because it would have helped me a couple of days ago

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.