best box for 4 12s

i3abyjay25
10+ year member

Get F'n Loud
i need the best box set up for 4 12 kicker xpls.. my trunk is 36x33x14.. so i guess the largest box should be about 34.5 x 31.5 x 12.5 if useing 3/4 mdf (inside of the box) but thats what about 1.9 cubes per sub.. is that to big? .. and 35x32x13 useing 1/2 inch, whic would about 2.1.. the box i have now is made of 1/2 and its holden up pretty well.. thans to alot of fiberglass to seal it.. the subs requirment asks for 1.0 to 1.5 cubes.. so whats the best box i could build, and which way do i need to face the subs.. all 4 will not fit all the way across the fron wall, unless if i modify the box.. but ill be loosen alot of space..the box now is, 36x331/2x10 (outside of box) and all 4 subs are faceing upwards.. its 2 chambered which should be abot 2.96 per chamber.. which i guess u can say 1.43 to each sub... .. **** i forgot the formula, is it LxWxH / 1726, or 1728? i was useing 1728.. but am thinking its 1726? o well, any help would be greatful.. and if u modify the front face, please try to make a picture for me

like the design of this.. all 4 faceing front, and hittin the same spot on the trunk.. not a perfect drawin, just an idea.. only prob is.. loss of a lot of space.. still trying to figure out the volume of this 1...

box1.bmp

Attachments

• box1.bmp
    0 bytes · Views: 51
Here try this,..the area of a triangle is 1/2 Base times Height so you can figure out how big each is. Then use that figure w/the other measurements to get the volume.

ok, thanx for the info, but im still confused.. all i know is LxWxH is volume of a box.. what would base be? or see if u can figure it out for me.. if it was a full box, it would be 36 x 33 x 14... but its not a full box..

box1info.bmp

Attachments

• box1info.bmp
    0 bytes · Views: 21
i have a 2002 montecarlo i had a shop build me a box for 4 12compvrs okay two of them face up under the rear speakers i put mid and tweets instead of 6x9 i also dynomated the deck to deflect the signal . okay back to box it measures 33 1/2 x w/26 1/2 d x 14h so in the top are 2 and the front are 2 firing in the rear of car trunk whats the volume dont know with there new db machine i hit 131.9 dbs i know it hits harder they just didnt know how to do it right.

yeah w/ 4 12s, u should be hittin alot harder.. w/ my epic 150, i gotton up to 151.. and that was the 1st day i got it.. i havent messed around w/ a the settings or even turne the bass up.. i have always kept bass on 0.. on the (HU) and my amp isnt turn up but about half way..and w/ my stock 70 amp alt.. i now have 175 bt havent really played around.. i really dont want o blow my subs.. i know i want new 1s, but i dont have the money from them now..and at 151.. i dont really want to jus waste them..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.