Best Battery for My Needs

Like mentioned earlier, a battery isn't going to help and letting it die then recharging it with an alternator will just kill it

It sounds like you have an underlying issue, your alternator should still keep up with your system if you're playing music and not test tones. Especially since you're not playing at full tilt.

I'd take a 1.5 year old D3100 over the other bat personally as long as it was properly taken care of. 200 is dirt cheap for an used D3100.

Mathematically you can determine roughly how many amps of current you'll need to be able to provide to your alternator to achieve 2.2k. It'll be somewhere around 250. Your stock alt will provide about half of its total amperage, which in your case is about 60 or so amps leaving you with a need for 190 amps of battery ah capacity between your two batteries. Obviously you won't need that all the time, and can probably get a way with a lot less. This is just an easy way of determining roughly what you'll need.

I recommend at least an 80ah batt in the back, and a 60ah in the front or as big as you can fit. With your alt, you should be able to charge them no problem.

Like mentioned earlier, a battery isn't going to help and letting it die then recharging it with an alternator will just kill it
It sounds like you have an underlying issue, your alternator should still keep up with your system if you're playing music and not test tones. Especially since you're not playing at full tilt.
The issue ended up being that my main just general non-AGM battery was dead. Now I'm up in the air on either getting the 85 AH for my stock location and selling the Deka or getting a smaller AGM for the starting and then using the Deka as a secondary.

The other option, again, would be the used D3100.

The issue ended up being that my main just general non-AGM battery was dead. Now I'm up in the air on either getting the 85 AH for my stock location and selling the Deka or getting a smaller AGM for the starting and then using the Deka as a secondary.
The other option, again, would be the used D3100.
Get the largest AGM you can fit under the good and go from there.

So I have the option to get an XS D3100 for $200 off a local guy. Thing is it's 1.5 years old. Still rests at 12.8 but I'd have no warranty.
For $200 I can just go over to Auto Zone and get the Duralast H8-AGM with a 3 year warranty.

So the question - is a 1.5 year old D3100 a better option than a rebranded Deka H8?
Resting voltage means NOTHING. I just replaced my primary battery that was resting at 13.2 and only producing 1/3 of it's new CCA.

No substitute for a good AGM battery, new, with a warranty that won't cost you 100$ in shipping to use.

Yes, I've done the big three. My biggest concern is that when I drive home or for an extended period (1+ hours) I drain everything that's in the battery. So when I go to start it after the trek it's dead.
I was blessed with having the largest alternator VW provided for the 2.0L Jetta. Looks like a 180amp version would be roughly $400 plus cost to install. I figured wiring a secondary battery (KHC-2000?) in the trunk would resolve my issues. I would wire it so that it would only pull power from the main battery with two fuses and another part that I'm not too sure on.

This happened to me first off what sizes are the fuses on each amp you run?

2 you need a high output alternator from what I hear your runnin the same wattage I am a 250 amp alternator will suit your needs and just find an optima yellow top that fits your group size for your car youll be good , from what I read

Your battery and alternator are bad , your alternator I giving out low output and your car and system are all running of your battery you need to un hook your amps ASAP until you get a new battery and high output alternator or you will regret what you do to your car good luck

Oh and you can find an alt on ebay from powermax or maniacelectronics for around 200$ they really are very easy to put in yourself if your good with your hands and can put in your own system you can install an alt its unplug and plug in go on youtube to see how to pull the tensioner back for your belt but before draw how your belt is ran on your pulleys on a piece of paper to remember how its ran then replace the belt the same way your good plus 250 to pull off a belt and un screw a few screws outrageous youll be glad you did it yourself make sure tho on a high output alt to add a 250 amp fuse on the power wire to the battery and up the charging wire to 0 gauge

Resting voltage means NOTHING. I just replaced my primary battery that was resting at 13.2 and only producing 1/3 of it's new CCA.
No substitute for a good AGM battery, new, with a warranty that won't cost you 100$ in shipping to use.
How did you test the actual CCA of your battery?

High Output alternator for your car and a couple of AGM batteries
All he would need is 1 agm up front no need to spend all the extra money itll handle just fine

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

High Output alternator for your car and a couple of AGM batteries
All he would need is 1 agm up front no need to spend all the extra money itll handle just fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.