Best bang for my buck subs?

jc4def

So i currently have a single powerbass xl 10" but want to do some upgrading im not looking for top of the line but would really like some decent subs. That being said i just picked up a soundstream L1.2100D for a stupid low price which claims 2100 watts rms at 14.4v... now i realize this isnt a high end amp by any means so it probably wont be seeing 2100 (plus my electrical wont currently be stable at 14.4) I have a VERY small car so i cant go very big as i only have a 5.3^3 ft. trunk and would like to keep SOME of it :p i was thinking about 2 10s if space will allow it if not then one 12 both options in a ported box. Now for the subs i have been REALLY considering the soundqubed hds300 series as they seem to have great power handling but i havent personally heard them at all and am very new to the scene so dont know to much about soundqubed besides they used to be aq which i again i know nothing about... im basically working with a budget of around $250 before the box build and just wanted some good options //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The sdc 2.5 10's are 100~ they have a cast basket and dual spiders. With a bigger motor than the hs300. They are the equivalent of the aq hdc2.5 from what i gather. They feel much better built than the hds series with its stamped basket. But the hds300 is a 3" coil it might take more abuse.

Cant go wrong with a pair of sa-10's. You''ll have some trunk space left too.
see ive never used sundown but ive heard they are great the only thing that pushes me off of them a little is i REALLY like the 1200 watt rms rating that is on the soundqubed subs... i just feel like they will hit MUCH harder because of that but im not actually sure at all

A pair of GCON 10s would be nice.
those would be nice... but seeing as my budget is only around $250 for all subs so the only way the gcon would work is if i got a single 12"... which may be nice to but im not sure it would be better than 2 sq 10s...

The sdc 2.5 10's are 100~ they have a cast basket and dual spiders. With a bigger motor than the hs300. They are the equivalent of the aq hdc2.5 from what i gather. They feel much better built than the hds series with its stamped basket. But the hds300 is a 3" coil it might take more abuse.
not sure where you found the price... but regardless those are half the power handling at nearly the same price... would they actually be better?

I'd go with the SoundQubed for sure. I just installed my 2 HDS210s and I love them
would you say you wished you would have gotten the 310s? or is that adequate? im driving a small convertible car so am feeling if i get the higher power handling that ill be able to feel it with top down to... my current setup sounds decent sitting at idle but when driving it gets a little drowned out i guess by the road noise i can still hear it and still enjoy it but i just cant feel it anymore and that with the top up i want to be able to cruise top down this summer and feel my bass doesnt need to be chest crushing but enough lol

not sure where you found the price... but regardless those are half the power handling at nearly the same price... would they actually be better?
They dont make the sdc2.5 or 2.0 they were phased out when the hds200 and hds300 lines came out..go with the hds300 10s pretty hard to beat and that 1200rms leaves room for a amp upgrade in the future

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

would you say you wished you would have gotten the 310s? or is that adequate? im driving a small convertible car so am feeling if i get the higher power handling that ill be able to feel it with top down to... my current setup sounds decent sitting at idle but when driving it gets a little drowned out i guess by the road noise i can still hear it and still enjoy it but i just cant feel it anymore and that with the top up i want to be able to cruise top down this summer and feel my bass doesnt need to be chest crushing but enough lol
Yea id def get the 310 over the 210 in a convert... u lose so much sound

They dont make the sdc2.5 or 2.0 they were phased out when the hds200 and hds300 lines came out..go with the hds300 10s pretty hard to beat and that 1200rms leaves room for a amp upgrade in the future 

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Yea id def get the 310 over the 210 in a convert... u lose so much sound
yeah unfortunately my little miata is a HORRIBLE platform for sound but hey we work with what we got :p but do you think with my little soundstream 2100 that id be able to push these a decent amount ill have it wired to 1ohm but will probably only be able to manage around 12 volts (if that) as im still on stock electrical besides the big 3 upgrade that is...

yeah unfortunately my little miata is a HORRIBLE platform for sound but hey we work with what we got :p but do you think with my little soundstream 2100 that id be able to push these a decent amount ill have it wired to 1ohm but will probably only be able to manage around 12 volts (if that) as im still on stock electrical besides the big 3 upgrade that is...
Yea it should be decent ...get urself a good agm batt under the hood and do the big 3 at least

Obsidian 12v3 needs only 2cubes ported or 1.5 cubes sealed and calls for 600watts but that aint spit on them get a dual 4ohm, wire to 2 ohm and let it beat. Pre-order one and get it for 123.00+shipping. they are heavy so shipping ***** and like i said, its a pre order meaning not in stock yet but expected sometime in April. I can not wait for my 4 12's to arrive! only downfall to me is i really dont like the yellow signature on the dustcap. I will be painting over with red. they should have color options like DD does.

Man I'm shocked you have that much trunk room lol. Which year do you have ? my buddy has a Miata also. 1st gen

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.