Best alternator and batteries

Participant count
  • Participant list

c_buk13

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have purchased myself a 2008 Jeep Wrangler. Now it needs a system. I have been ordering stuff slowly but surely as I make up my mind and so far I have 2 Evl 15" 5000 watt subs from Skar and I have now gotten 2 matching 2000 watt amps that I will strap when I move forward with my install (Once weather changes from snow to sun 🙃). I have ordered wire for the typical "Big 3" upgrade and all wires will be 1/0 Gauge pure copper wire. My next step is to find 2 batteries to help power this massive setup (One under hood and in the rear near subs) along with an alternator to supply sufficient power. I have been looking at singer electric for an alternator and 2 yellow top Altima batteries. I am more curious about the alternator and what amperage for what I need. I'm close having my mind made up about the batteries.

Thinking about a wrangler, size isn’t the most readily available in those vehicles. A full bridge 5k amp would be way smaller, easier install, and and far more efficient Than two half bridge 2k’s. Then maybe an new alt, the biggest sams club duracell agm under the hood and a group 31 in the back. A 300 amp js is $359. Could also go with a small lithium in rear to save space

Evls are 1250 watt rms subwoofers.

Gain match. Don’t strap.

Optima batteries are trash. A Northstar front battery (g34 fit?) front and a G31 rear will treat you well.

Mike Singer makes good alts.

Last edited:
Thinking about a wrangler, size isn’t the most readily available in those vehicles. A full bridge 5k amp would be way smaller, easier install, and and far more efficient Than two half bridge 2k’s. Then maybe an new alt, the biggest sams club duracell agm under the hood and a group 31 in the back. A 300 amp js is $359. Could also go with a small lithium in rear to save space
I'll be putting the amps on the back seat, I've test fitted and I have plenty of room for it all surprisingly. I have put a request into singer but I will look into the batteries.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.