Best affordable high quality no bells and whistles head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nedrufus

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi there I’m very new to the car audio game and I’m looking to set up a new system in my volvo 240, looking for a no bells and whistles but high power head unit to start with, is like Bluetooth but don’t need cd or colour changing or anything like that. I want to set up external amps so does that mean I don’t need a high power head unit and will one amp do all the speakers or will I need one for the sub aswell. Sorry for asking this it’s probably been asked many times before but I’ve tried researching but I just end up getting confused the more I read.

I suggest you go to crutchfield.com and look for a head unit. They have lots of single din units for less than $100. I have some good experience with JVC brand. When I find something I like, I usually go to Amazon or eBay and get it cheaper. I like Amazon because of their return policy. (I have purchased from Crutchfield and their support is super.)
I would purchase a 5-channel amp if you are going to wire speakers and a subwoofer. I installed an amp for my speakers and a separate amp for the subwoofer. In hindsight, I should have purchased a 5 channel.

I suggest you go to crutchfield.com and look for a head unit. They have lots of single din units for less than $100. I have some good experience with JVC brand. When I find something I like, I usually go to Amazon or eBay and get it cheaper. I like Amazon because of their return policy. (I have purchased from Crutchfield and their support is super.)
I would purchase a 5-channel amp if you are going to wire speakers and a subwoofer. I installed an amp for my speakers and a separate amp for the subwoofer. In hindsight, I should have purchased a 5 channel.
Thanks will have a look now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.