Best 8"

Your first post said you want it to sound very good and hit the lows. The F8L fits the bill the best IMO. SSA subs tend to be more musical than Sundowns in my experiences.

So let me get this right. The SA8 will be louder than the F8L but the F8L will play a little deeper? Like around what hertz will I notice it?
A lot of that depends on the box you have made
The Sundowns and the SSA's are very similar and to somebody who was not into car audio would probably sound the same
The difference between the 2 of them is a matter of having a trained ear.
Like I said box is everything here
Slugbutter has it right, if your not going ported then the JL's are your best bet
I'm trying to remember but I'm pretty sure he is the other guy on here who are big into box designing so I'm sure he is talking into account your lack of space which maybe the rest of us are not
Ported IMO the SSA are a better choice
That being said your putting them in a Corvette which lacks space so if you can pull off ported then SSA but if you can't the JL is only way to go
Sorry I can't see anywhere if you listed what amp you are going to use to run them

A lot of that depends on the box you have made
The Sundowns and the SSA's are very similar and to somebody who was not into car audio would probably sound the same
The difference between the 2 of them is a matter of having a trained ear.
Like I said box is everything here
Slugbutter has it right, if your not going ported then the JL's are your best bet
I'm trying to remember but I'm pretty sure he is the other guy on here who are big into box designing so I'm sure he is talking into account your lack of space which maybe the rest of us are not
Ported IMO the SSA are a better choice
That being said your putting them in a Corvette which lacks space so if you can pull off ported then SSA but if you can't the JL is only way to go
Sorry I can't see anywhere if you listed what amp you are going to use to run them

JL HD 1200/1

I was just looking up the specs on that amp and noticed that it only runs down to 1.5 ohms but it has the same power from 1.5 to 4 ohms
So either way if you get the dual 2 ohm, or the dual 4 ohm your going to have to run them in series/parallel
Dual 4 ohm with a 4 ohm final load
2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif
Dual 2 ohm with a 2 ohm final load
2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif
I would go with the later but that's me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...