best 6.5 subwoofer?

Bobbytwonames

CarAudio.com VIP
Aug 28, 2018
they are definitely several grades above AB, much more efficient, much more accurate with better tonality aka SPL with not bad SQ. But the same woofer would cost double of what AB is charging so bleh.
Then why do so many people run American Bass? Is it strictly a money thing? And, why isn't DD winning all the competitions? And, if you aren't a grizzled old audiophile, would we be able to hear the difference? I would put my VFL8D4's up against a DD 8" all day.

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO
Then why do so many people run American Bass? Is it strictly a money thing? And, why isn't DD winning all the competitions? And, if you aren't a grizzled old audiophile, would we be able to hear the difference? I would put my VFL8D4's up against a DD 8" all day.
DD is winning competitions every year...
AB are high value subs
why do some people buy kia's and some people buy Mercedes?

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
not sure what you are talking about there's literally no american bass on the board at all in world class competitions, its a cheapo off the shelf budget brand thats good for what it is but its never touched world class.

A DD sw2508 supercharged would absolutely rape that vfl 8 with no reacharound. I still do recommend AB to a lot of people wanting to do daily ground pounders but i've installed enough DD to know the giant difference in class between the woofers.

Last edited:

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
I am doing 6.5 inch subs rear facing under the front seats of my Jeep Patriot. I’ve modeled every 6 inch sub I can find. Too bad tang band doesn’t make a bigger power 6.5. They model up nicely in small boxes. DD needs a little more space than I have available, or that is what I would go with. Their 8s did me very good back in the day. Amazing subs. I’m probably going to have to use sundown, since I only have .4 cubes to work with. DD would definitely make a solid 6.5. They don’t put out crap.

Bobbytwonames

CarAudio.com VIP
Aug 28, 2018
DD builds are always in the top rankings at shows.

AB had a good year like 10 years ago and still clings to that raft as if they are still relevant but they are just budget level rebadges.
Got it. Maybe, I'm not the biggest DD fan because I don't see them for sale anywhere. Especially, in Vegas.

Decipha

www.EFI Dyno Tuning.com
10+ year member
Mar 23, 2005
New Orleans, LA
I purchased a JL audio W3? 6.5" sub to replace the stocker in my marauder. Will be installing it over christmas. I will be sure to post back with the results. Which ever sub you do go with do let us know I'd be curious to get your impressions.

Reactions: ekah

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
Looking at those denim. The description at the top says 300 rms, but down in the specifications list, it says 800 rms. I’m assuming they’re 300 and the 800 is a typo. Must be max watts.

OP
ekah

ekah

Senior VIP Member
Mar 2, 2015
hawaii
i checked out that place and bought my first dd1512a it was an awesome sub but i bought it from them for 300 with tax so like 340 or something i forgot but is that even a good deal for entry level dd? or did they mark it up? i would love another DD sounded amazing. the price that comes with is hefty.

OP
ekah

ekah

Senior VIP Member
Mar 2, 2015
hawaii
Don't sleep on these guys either. I've used two Dayton 10" in a Ford Explorer before with a small Pioneer amp and they sounded real good. The frequency response, price, and box size on these 6.5" are pretty impressive. View attachment 18897View attachment 18898
just checked with shipping it would be 75$
i think with the extra 25$ i could buy the fu audio/

Reactions: Bobbytwonames

denim

SSAudio.com
Pro Seller
10+ year member
Oct 16, 2002
SSA HQ East
these cant be shipped to hawaii
and whenever i go through ssa the shipping is unreal
i tried for a sundown e and shipping was 434$ alone
We have no control over shipping amounts. I do know that due to our increased shipments, we did get better shipping rates.

denim

SSAudio.com
Pro Seller
10+ year member
Oct 16, 2002
SSA HQ East
Looking at those denim. The description at the top says 300 rms, but down in the specifications list, it says 800 rms. I’m assuming they’re 300 and the 800 is a typo. Must be max watts.
The 300 is a typo, the rms for the 6.5 is 500rms. The rms for the 8/10/12 etc. is 800 rms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds