best 6.5 subwoofer?

I
Anything DD in my area is like double price compared to everyone else's price quotes. Fk California

Live in Vegas and can't even find DD for sale anywhere in this city of 2.2 million. I was thinking DD actually closed. I love their amps, never used their subs. Somebody told me they were very similar to AB. DD seems overpriced, to me anyway.

I

Live in Vegas and can't even find DD for sale anywhere in this city of 2.2 million. I was thinking DD actually closed. I love their amps, never used their subs. Somebody told me they were very similar to AB. DD seems overpriced, to me anyway.
they are definitely several grades above AB, much more efficient, much more accurate with better tonality aka SPL with not bad SQ. But the same woofer would cost double of what AB is charging so bleh.

2 dealers in Hawaii
Screenshot_20191107-120952.png

they are definitely several grades above AB, much more efficient, much more accurate with better tonality aka SPL with not bad SQ. But the same woofer would cost double of what AB is charging so bleh.

Then why do so many people run American Bass? Is it strictly a money thing? And, why isn't DD winning all the competitions? And, if you aren't a grizzled old audiophile, would we be able to hear the difference? I would put my VFL8D4's up against a DD 8" all day.

Then why do so many people run American Bass? Is it strictly a money thing? And, why isn't DD winning all the competitions? And, if you aren't a grizzled old audiophile, would we be able to hear the difference? I would put my VFL8D4's up against a DD 8" all day.
DD is winning competitions every year...
AB are high value subs
why do some people buy kia's and some people buy Mercedes?

not sure what you are talking about there's literally no american bass on the board at all in world class competitions, its a cheapo off the shelf budget brand thats good for what it is but its never touched world class.

A DD sw2508 supercharged would absolutely rape that vfl 8 with no reacharound. I still do recommend AB to a lot of people wanting to do daily ground pounders but i've installed enough DD to know the giant difference in class between the woofers.

Last edited:
I am doing 6.5 inch subs rear facing under the front seats of my Jeep Patriot. I’ve modeled every 6 inch sub I can find. Too bad tang band doesn’t make a bigger power 6.5. They model up nicely in small boxes. DD needs a little more space than I have available, or that is what I would go with. Their 8s did me very good back in the day. Amazing subs. I’m probably going to have to use sundown, since I only have .4 cubes to work with. DD would definitely make a solid 6.5. They don’t put out crap.

I purchased a JL audio W3? 6.5" sub to replace the stocker in my marauder. Will be installing it over christmas. I will be sure to post back with the results. Which ever sub you do go with do let us know I'd be curious to get your impressions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.