Best 12" on the market atm

I'm sure many of you haven't heard of them, but Acoustic Elegance has some amazing drivers:

https://www.aespeakers.com/news.php?start=0&news_id=17

Jon Janowitz is the owner, if any of you remember Stryke, that was also him. You won't really find any more competently designed speakers out there. As far as inductance goes, there is NOTHING on the market, aside from Lambda drivers, which even come remotely close to these speakers.

I'm sure many of you haven't heard of them, but Acoustic Elegance has some amazing drivers:

Jon Janowitz is the owner, if any of you remember Stryke, that was also him. You won't really find any more competently designed speakers out there. As far as inductance goes, there is NOTHING on the market, aside from Lambda drivers, which even come remotely close to these speakers.
Jon make gud speekahs.

Thanks for the recommendation Warbleed. Stryke Audio was changed to Acoustic Elegance back a few years ago due to a trademark issue. We used to have drivers made by TC Sounds and Lambda Acoustics up until about 2003. At that period Lambda went out of business and we bought them out. I won't comment on the other company, but needless to say we haven't bought drivers from them again for a long time.

We now manufacture all drivers in house in Green Bay. The past few years have been difficult as sourcing parts from the US has proved more difficult than I had hoped. We now get cones, surrounds, spiders, edge gaskets, VC's, copper sleeves, and some of our steel all from within the US. There are currently exactly 2 of us working here currently. We do all machining of steel parts to very tight tolerances (.003"), we hand finish and spray every aluminum cone, we hand sew every lead wire to the spiders, we trim every surround, do all assembly, and all testing of drivers in house, and a whole lot of other things that would take a long time to list. The Lambda drivers are custom built to order with a 5-10 day lead time as there are many VC options. The new AV series will be in stock shortly for next day shipping. We ended up doing a lot more work in house than ever planned. We designed and built assembly stations, presses for magnets, trim dies for surrounds, etc etc. We are very meticulous about every detail and the only way we could be assured that these things were done right was by doing them ourselves.

We do full copper sleeves on the pole of every driver as with the Lambda drivers. As warbleed mentions, this greatly reduces distortion and inductance. If you're interested you can read here what the shorting ring does and why we use it: https://www.aespeakers.com/Lambda001-1.php The sleeve of copper also helps pull heat from the VC and sink it into the pole. As a result our 2.5" coil drivers have better thermal power handling than most 3" and 4" coils. For those reasons I don't think you will find a better made or better designed woofer anywhere.

John

Another option with that power is the Stroker Pro.

Before the UL12 was reviewed, Dickason at CA&E called it the "best all-around large-format subwoofer that I have tested by a large percentage".

Too bad the poor SQ stereotype of the old Stroker is keeping the Pro from being more popular...

Another option with that power is the Stroker Pro.Before the UL12 was reviewed, Dickason at CA&E called it the "best all-around large-format subwoofer that I have tested by a large percentage".

Too bad the poor SQ stereotype of the old Stroker is keeping the Pro from being more popular...
I'll vouch for the Stroker Pro, it shines down low in a big box and seems to make everything sound awesome. It actually made me appreciate chopped & screwed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

oh and ill confess, my wife left her classical CD in the HU and made my jaw drop. the so called SPL competition sub sure makes a cello sound bad ass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.