Best 1 ohm stable amp stock electrical?

SS filter at 24hz is fine and will be sufficient for those tuned above 31hz. Some sub/box combos will naturally have a steep roll off and don't even need ssf. 99% of songs out there don't go below the mid to low 30s.
yeah thats true not all songs have bass below 40 really., i had a issue with factory dual orion xtr ported box 18 yrs ago (before i knew about tuning) it was like $589 box at our shop i said i wanta try that today owner said fine swapped out my memphis came back next day he sold my memphis subs so i had orions couple weeks on a memphis 500d with 25hz ss filter 250rms per sub both the cones ripped like they'd been cut with a knife.. i wonder if ss filter coulda been set at 33hz would it have saved them is all., but box was probably tuned to like 50 hz so guess not lol..

Depends on your vehicle... if your running a Civi with a 80amp alternator... probably not. If your running a Tundra with a 170 Amp alternator, yes you probably could....
exactly what I wanted to say //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A stock 2017 Mazda 6 alternator is only 100a. You won't be able to support much over 1k unless you upgrade the main battery.
I don’t mind upgrading the battery, what battery should I buy?

Biggest you can fit under the hood. Get the biggest amp you can afford. Thats what the gain is there for. Just Because its a 2k watt amp you dont have to use all 2K. Start low and bw turning it up little by little, when your voltage drops alot turn it down a bit untill it gets a healthy stable viltage and leave it there. Plus use the bass knob that most good amps will come with.

As inefficient as the Orions are, im surprised to see them suggested for stock electrical. Seems counterintuitive.

Id get a Twisted 1.3 or Wolfram 1500

As inefficient as the Orions are, im surprised to see them suggested for stock electrical. Seems counterintuitive.
Again if you have a capable stock electrical I think you can run a XTR1500. I did with my Tundra (170 Amp Alternator) and it did fine... But it would be hell on a 105amp alt... In which case I would go with the Wolfram. It was pretty easy on the electrical on my test bench...

u can get starting agm batt at advance.com save 20-25% and they'll install it.. if u want better one they like $350.. my advance one gave me over 1/2 volt gain at amp..

they are only inefficient if pushed to the max, if they arent past 80 or 90% output capability, their efficiency is decent

Starting batteries are just that. You want a deep cycle agm not a starting agm if you only have 1 battery.
so is north star deep cycle? i can't see where they say deep cycle agm.. but mine works good on my low power..

Because everyone on here blindly throws out recommendations without asking enough questions or looking at the big picture.
From what I've seen in the dyno vids the Orion XTR's get REALLY inefficient at 1 ohm loads. Like old school class a/b inefficient. They do seem to be OK at 2 ohms though.

From what I've seen in the dyno vids the Orion XTR's get REALLY inefficient at 1 ohm loads. Like old school class a/b inefficient. They do seem to be OK at 2 ohms though.
actually if you back off a bit on the amp gain, they become pretty efficient. Only when you stress out the power supply fets is when the efficiency tanks. the xtr 2500.1 will still do 2500 clean and efficient if set for that amount of power.

actually if you back off a bit on the amp gain, they become pretty efficient. Only when you stress out the power supply fets is when the efficiency tanks. the xtr 2500.1 will still do 2500 clean and efficient if set for that amount of power.
Very possible. I haven't seen anyone test them like that. Only for maximum possible wattage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.