Beginner with a system in mind, but on a budget ($600 max)

I'm looking for a great system to put into my 2011 ford fusion. I'm trying to work in a progress and start with the subs and amp. I plan on doing 2 12's in a ported box, 2 6-9's for the back deck, and 2 6 1/4 in the front. then tweets up front. I want to spend the majority on the amp/amps. but the question, is it possible for under 600? I plan on investing more as time goes on but im just curious on how I should start. What can I do that'll boom?

Ok, I will tell you how I started. I bought a Line out converter, a pair of subs and amp. That was better than original equipment. I then bought door and dash speakers and amped those. Added tweeters. The last thing for me was a new hu. I bought the hu last because like you, I wanted the boom first. With 600 you should be able to get a decent amp and sub combo. Just so you know, you don't need alot of power to upgrade the sound in your car. It gets really tempting when you see the nice **** some of these other members have, just remember you will be happier in the long run with sq over spl.

Ok, I will tell you how I started. I bought a Line out converter, a pair of subs and amp. That was better than original equipment. I then bought door and dash speakers and amped those. Added tweeters. The last thing for me was a new hu. I bought the hu last because like you, I wanted the boom first. With 600 you should be able to get a decent amp and sub combo. Just so you know, you don't need alot of power to upgrade the sound in your car. It gets really tempting when you see the nice **** some of these other members have, just remember you will be happier in the long run with sq over spl.
QFT. Listen to this advice.

If you want boom then start at the sub system first strictly up to you. But remember most recent to good systems start with a good head unit and front stage Don't worry about the rear deck as the subs will destroy those any way I'd go with a cz 702 $170 front components $250 and deadener for the doors. $50 ,then a 4 or 5 channel amp $175-$350 then get subs or sub and custom box. You'll still need a dash kit and harness and amp kit wires which can be anywhere from $70-$225 depending on the wire and harness

If you want boom then start at the sub system first strictly up to you. But remember most recent to good systems start with a good head unit and front stage Don't worry about the rear deck as the subs will destroy those any way I'd go with a cz 702 $170 front components $250 and deadener for the doors. $50 ,then a 4 or 5 channel amp $175-$350 then get subs or sub and custom box. You'll still need a dash kit and harness and amp kit wires which can be anywhere from $70-$225 depending on the wire and harness
i think we got my wifes harnes for her focus for $20 and its been fine. we got it from advance auto if im not mistaking but they had to have it shipped in to the store

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

and well with it being a 2011 that could make the difference. hers is a 03

i think we got my wifes harnes for her focus for $20 and its been fine. we got it from advance auto if im not mistaking but they had to have it shipped in to the store 

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

and well with it being a 2011 that could make the difference. hers is a 03
It can be a big difference would have to look it up. But you might get lucky

It can be a big difference would have to look it up. But you might get lucky
yea it was kind of a pain, the way hers is made. she has SE focus, and hers had some kind of safety feature i guess to where when your playing music and driving, when you slowed down the music vol automatically decreased, but when you start driving gain it increased back to normal. it was something in the stock unit

you have the integrated head unit with Sync? with some modern vehicles, the head unit is too integrated to make replacing it a reasonable option (at a budget).

a factory upgrade should consist of new front components, modest sub(s), and an amp (or amps if necessary). most modern amps have high level inputs to eliminate the need for a LOC.

i could build a very decent system if buying used gear. if you want it all for $600 then I wouldn't spend more than $100 for a sub, have $300 to spend on amp(s), and $200 for front speakers.

a single 10" can be plenty for a small car if properly implemented (like rear corner).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.