Beat to the Punch

peas247
10+ year member

Hookers on the Point
buffalo, ny
so heres my deal, its gonna pop up as i scammed this guy but i wana see what ya'll think first. i had a viper 2500.1 that was hammered on cosmeticlly wise, but performed 10/10 up for sale. i sold the amp. hooked the amp up in my car the day the was shippin it out and tested it amp worked flawlessly. i get a pm 5 days after the guy gets the amp tellin me that they hooked it up in his buddies truck who also has a viper and said the amp instantly smoked and now he wants his $$ back. i know the amp worked flawless and i think there just tryin to swap a blown amp in place. what do you think

this is what i got

hey, sorry it's taken so long to write you but I got the amp saturday morning and me and my friends were hooking it up in a truck that already has a viper 2500.1 so we were just going to swap them and see if the one I bought from you works just as good as his and when we turned the car on the amp immediately starting making a ticking noise and then no more than a few seconds later the ticking stopped and some smoke came out of the ends of the amp. so I would like my money back for it. we weren't playing music yet we had just turned the truck on. There is no reason for it to fry just because the car was turned on. I asked you if it worked mechanically 10/10 and you said it did it was just beat up. It had to be something wrong with the amp because my friend had a viper 2500.1 in the truck already and it had been running fine for the past few months and then we swapped in the one I bought from you and it just fried immediately. You also gave me a plug from one of their smaller amps and it doesn't accept 4 gauge wire it looks like it's big enough to get 8 gauge in there but nothing bigger. So I would just like my money back I'll send you the amp back in its orginal packaging and everything that u sent it to me in. Just give me back my $270 and i'll take some of the money out of that to ship it back to you.

how much is the other party offering to take you out? im local //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

now the plug situation was like this when i purchased the amp off of coolwazabi about 6 months ago and i never had 1 issue with it

What you need to do is get the amp back first, dont send him his money back. Look at the amp and if it is indeed your amp. (im sure you can recognize some of the wear and tear) then send him his money back. Now if you get the amp back... and you can tell its not the original, **** him.

Had this happen to me with an xbox 360. Now I write down the serial number from now on

I sent an XBOX 360 to a guy, a first run edition. Well he recieves it and it doesnt work, so I said OK. Send it back and I will give you your money back. I get it back and looks like the one I sent him. Until I look in the back... THE ONE HE SENT ME HAS HDMI HOOKUPS!!! That wasnt even an option until recently!! I purchased the other xbox 360 when they first came out..

fck that dood thats what he gets for hooking his sh1t up in his "buddies" truck that alone raises a flag i mean there is 2 identical amps and one blows hmmmm

also tell him to ship it back first im sure they arent smart enough to swap boards atleast in a clean way and was your amp ever opened up ???? did it have tamper proof tape ?

I know peas247 personally and I highly doubt that he would be sending out blown amps. He is a good dude and i cannot see him scamming someone....

I personally saw this amp perform for a few months without a problem. It was working when he took it out of his car. This guy is obviously trying to get a working amp for free...

I saw the amp in question before it was shipped out. It worked fine and was just beat cosmetically.

What is the point of swapping amps when they are the same thing. Especially in an install that isn't even yours?

Red flags all over the place.

x2 Well Said! Come on.....same amp?

Peas in the future write down the serial no. There's no disputin that!

No worries here! Your always good with me!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.