Battery Setup - All OK?

Doxicity

Hey, just wanted to make sure that this all sounds good, before I go ahead and purchase the batteries. Here's the setup, I don't know how much of this you guys actually need

Vehicle: 2000 Infiniti G20

Subwoofers: x2 Sundown SA-15s

Amp: 2000w Soundstream Tarantula (Wiring @ 1 ohm)

I'm purchasing x2 XS Power D3100s. One to place in my trunk, and one to swap out for what's currently under my hood. But what's currently under my hood is a 24F battery, which is smaller. I have to relocate my fuse block to make room for the 3 extra inchs in length for that battery. I've got 1 Gauge wire.

I'm running a stock alternator, 100a. I really have no room to upgrade, or fit a larger one. And I'm getting the batteries at $175 each, so I assume that's cheaper than an alternator upgrade.

I'm curious if this all sounds alright? Am I going to run into an issues, or something I should add/change about doing this?

Thanks, and sorry for my inexperience, this is my first time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

like he said, batterys dont make power, alt. will make power. a battery stores that power and its only good for low to mid 12volt like noloud4u said.

sounds like you have a stock battery under hood. get a good amg battery for under the hood. and see what your voltage drop is. if its dropping very low then you will need a good high output alt.

You might drop volts really badly by adding those batts on a stock alt. The alt makes the power and the batteries hold the power. If you throw these huge batteries on a stock alt its going to have a really hard time keeping the charge on those batteries and its going to strain the alt big time. I had a buddy who put 3 big 120 ah batteries in his car with a stock alt and he was dropping way worse that he did without the batts, were talking like in the 10v range which is terrible. You might as well buy the alt which you'll need for bigger builds anyway.

You might be okay, just keep in eye on the volt meter. Also you will need to charge does battery as your 100a alternator won't fully charge them.

You might drop volts really badly by adding those batts on a stock alt. The alt makes the power and the batteries hold the power. If you throw these huge batteries on a stock alt its going to have a really hard time keeping the charge on those batteries and its going to strain the alt big time. I had a buddy who put 3 big 120 ah batteries in his car with a stock alt and he was dropping way worse that he did without the batts, were talking like in the 10v range which is terrible. You might as well buy the alt which you'll need for bigger builds anyway.
he is not running allot of power. a good battery under hood should be good. but like said he needs to keep an eye on his voltage. if he drops then get a good h/o alt.

he is not running allot of power. a good battery under hood should be good. but like said he needs to keep an eye on his voltage. if he drops then get a good h/o alt.
all I was saying was he's going to upgrade in the future, everyone does so it would be beneficial to get all the electrical upgrades outta the way now while he is still buying relatively cheep subs and amps because once he starts buying more expensive equipment he's gunna wish he got the alt outta the way

all I was saying was he's going to upgrade in the future, everyone does so it would be beneficial to get all the electrical upgrades outta the way now while he is still buying relatively cheep subs and amps because once he starts buying more expensive equipment he's gunna wish he got the alt outta the way
do you know hes going to go bigger??? no you dont. must be a mind reader.

I had a stock 60 amp alt. It definitely didn't keep up with my XS D3100. With the 100 amp alt, you may be on the border line with two batteries. I'd recommend just getting one, like stated above. Just make sure you do the big 3 and use good quality wire all around. If you run low quality small wire back to your amp, you're going to get bad voltage drop (regardless of your battery and alternator).

As for the battery, the D3100 is great. However, if you want to save some cost Boomsday is selling some batteries here:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/electrical-wiring-classifieds/614336-fs-14-powerware-pwhr12330w4fr-90ah.html

I just purchased three. He's a fantastic person to deal with! I have now bought from, sold to, and traded with him

The g20 actually doesn't come with a volt meter stock, I'm purchasing one.

As for the volt drops, I'll be sure to watch those and see how bad it is.

I have no intentions on skimping out on the quality of the wiring. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Now I don't know if this changes the situation at all, but I'm using a 200a battery isolator.

And yeah my intentions were to replace my current battery with a D3100, as well as add another D3100 to the trunk.

For the price that I'm getting them at, I can't really find a suitable 24/24F to put under my hood.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.