Battery Relocation, jump start point help

dutty-07

s. fl
I've done a search but couldnt find anything. I upgraded and relocated my battery to my trunk. For my trunk build, I plan on limiting access to the battery and I wanted some ideas for something I can use to make jumpstart points. The only thing that I've found are the Anderson Power connectors, any other ideas?

if the battery is in the trunk only, and not it the front, i would suggest running a 0 gauge wire off the positive from the battery to an easy access point in the front of the trunk. just make sure not to have it near a grounding point?

if the battery is in the trunk only, and not it the front, i would suggest running a 0 gauge wire off the positive from the battery to an easy access point in the front of the trunk. just make sure not to have it near a grounding point?
This is what Im trying to do, I wanted to include jump points in my custom trunk setup, I just didnt want to have bolts with covers to jump it to. I figured someone must have dont this before, wanted some ideas for what to use for the jump points. And yes I do have a place up front but its a distribution block thats a pain in the *** to get the cover off of.

you could use Audi A6 parts. they have a remote jump start under the hood.

2415.jpg

Its the red thing in the top left corner of the picture

8443671081_587fa701e6_z.jpg

This is what Im trying to do, I wanted to include jump points in my custom trunk setup, I just didnt want to have bolts with covers to jump it to. I figured someone must have dont this before, wanted some ideas for what to use for the jump points. And yes I do have a place up front but its a distribution block thats a pain in the *** to get the cover off of.
a bolt will do just fine. as long as its a big sturdy bolt thats not rusted, then mount it in a little wooden box. if you need more info, direct message me

Personally I would hang an anderson plug somewhere and make up some cables that have the plug on an end and clamps on the other, I wouldn't want a live wire just hanging there.

Thanks for the input, I think I will just go with the Anderson plugs, I understand what everyones saying about the bolt, I just wanted something that looked nice. I know alot of cars (such as that Audi //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif) has factory jump points, maybe Il check a junkyard and see what I can find

Thanks for the input, I think I will just go with the Anderson plugs, I understand what everyones saying about the bolt, I just wanted something that looked nice. I know alot of cars (such as that Audi //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif) has factory jump points, maybe Il check a junkyard and see what I can find
Chrysler sebrings and dodge interprets have battery jump points.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dutty-07

dutty-07
s. fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
shrowihr