Battery Relay/isolator for back battery

Which option is better?

• 1/0 from battery to battery (big 3 of course)

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 1/0 from alt to battery (big 3 as well with rear battery) and leave stock wireing as well

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

schackel
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I am putting in my back 165ah battery with a stock battery up front and a 220 amp alt. i am planning on either:

1) running 1/0 from front batt to rear batt

2) running 1/0 from alt to back back and leaving stock wireing for front battery.

with either of these do i need a relay or isolator? and which of the options would be better?

no

you can use one but even Jacob doesnt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i know 1000's that dont with no issue including myself

and 1 or 2 that do.

noyou can use one but even Jacob doesnt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i know 1000's that dont with no issue including myself

and 1 or 2 that do.
What a worthless reply. Please remove Jacob's nuts from your mouth.

Schackel:

If you mix battery sizes/brands, there is a potential that you can shorten the life of the batteries. Whether it shortens them by a few months or a few years depends on alot of different variables.

The best way is to have all batteries the same brand/size/datecode. Then an isolator is not needed.

If you mix batteries, and isolator will protect the batts from damaging each other. Most people don't like isolators because they cause a 0.5 to 0.8 volt drop.

If you don't care about having to replace your batts, then just run it without the isolator.

I run one of the stinger 200 amp isolators because my front battery rest at 12.5 and my rear batteries rest at 12.9 so my front battery was charging off of my rear batts. The only reason I run this isolator is because my car sits for weeks at a time. If you drive your car everyday then there is no need for this type of isolator. I also have a diode isolator that seperates the batteries completely with the car on or off. I really have no use for it. If you want it pm me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

schackel

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
schackel
San Francisco
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies