Battery question again

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys,

So i have found a shop in germany where i can buy batteries for my audio system. I hope you guys are familiar with the brand, if not, please have a look at the specs of the battery and advise me.

So i have two amps for the subs delivering 3500rms per amp at 1 ohm.

I have 1 amp with 500rms for mods and highs.

My wallet is pretty depleted after all these purchases so i have about 700 euro left to spend on batteries. In the future many more batts will come. I just want to know if i buy 2 of these batts for now will that still see me through demos of 10min? For normal daily driving i wont be driving at full tilt.

Anyway here are the specs of the batteries. (Im looking at buying 2)

Hollywood highcurrent hc120:

Amp hours: 120ah

Cold cranking: 700a

Pulse cranking: 2000a

Short circuit: 4000a

Watts: 4000watts

I live in kenya (so temperatures never drop below 15 degrees celcius)

My alternator at the moment is 180A.

Will be getting a upgrade once i save up a little again.

2 wont be enough for 7,000 watts rms. But look around for AGM batteries instead of car audio batteries. They are the same thing just ch3aper and will be yourbest bet for you. Also you will be able to buy them locally and not from germany

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Repplied

Hey guys,
So i have found a shop in germany where i can buy batteries for my audio system. I hope you guys are familiar with the brand, if not, please have a look at the specs of the battery and advise me.

So i have two amps for the subs delivering 3500rms per amp at 1 ohm.

I have 1 amp with 500rms for mods and highs.

My wallet is pretty depleted after all these purchases so i have about 700 euro left to spend on batteries. In the future many more batts will come. I just want to know if i buy 2 of these batts for now will that still see me through demos of 10min? For normal daily driving i wont be driving at full tilt.

Anyway here are the specs of the batteries. (Im looking at buying 2)

Hollywood highcurrent hc120:

Amp hours: 120ah

Cold cranking: 700a

Pulse cranking: 2000a

Short circuit: 4000a

Watts: 4000watts

I live in kenya (so temperatures never drop below 15 degrees celcius)

My alternator at the moment is 180A.

Will be getting a upgrade once i save up a little again.

2 wont be enough for 7,000 watts rms. But look around for AGM batteries instead of car audio batteries. They are the same thing just ch3aper and will be yourbest bet for you. Also you will be able to buy them locally and not from germany 

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Repplied
Thanks for the advice man. Yeah i noticed normal agm batteries are cheaper. I can get 2x220ah for the same price as the two hollywood car audio batteries of 120ah each. Just not sure how normal agm batts compare to audio batts

"normal" agms suffer from voltage drop more than car audio AGM batteries do.

To get around that, you need more aH in "normal" AGMs then you would car audio AGM batteries.

The only downside to cheaping out on batteries is the weight. It takes more weight to get similar performance with about the same cost.

send out the batteries he is even thinking of getting are any different from your normal AGM batteries. Make sure it has a good cca and ah rating and you will be fine

To get around that, you need more aH in "normal" AGMs then you would car audio AGM batteries.

The only downside to cheaping out on batteries is the weight. It takes more weight to get similar performance with about the same cost.

So what do u suggest i do? Go for the two 120ah car audio batteries? Or do i go for the two 220ah agm batteries not specifically meant for car audio. But the cold crancking amp on the big agm batteries are wayyy higher than those of the car audio batts....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.