Battery or cap.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Wondering if I should get a new battery or get a Cap. I have a HDC312 running on a RE audio CTX 4200.1. I was thinking about getting the Rockford Fosgate 10 Farad Digital Capacitor but like to hear your output.
Thanks,

JAKE
Battery over Cap. A really is pointless in a everyday application, it in turn puts more strain on your charging system acting pretty much like a extra load on it the alt. Caps are designed to fully discharge them selves and then HAVE be recharged. A 2nd batt will benifit you way more. They wont have to full discharge to keep up and they charge back up alot faster because they dont fully discharge themselves.

So in short if your beating your system and the cap fully discharges, not only is the cap trying to recharge, but your system is still pulling current and so is the cap trying to recharge it self.

So yea the better route is the battery in the rear. with that amp you should be able to do the big 3 and be ok i believe. But you can add the extra batt if needed.

Wondering if I should get a new battery or get a Cap. I have a HDC312 running on a RE audio CTX 4200.1. I was thinking about getting the Rockford Fosgate 10 Farad Digital Capacitor but like to hear your output.
Thanks,

JAKE
i just took a look at the amp, and its "rated" 1500 rms @ 1ohm, with that power i wouldnt buy a batt yet, honestly i think it will probably only do about 1000rms @ 1ohm. The newer RE equipment is not like it use to be as far as performance. But id do the big 3 and check your voltage with a multimeter while playing your system, then if its a little low, pick up 2nd battery for the back and im sure you would be ok.

capacitator always

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

That cap is useless, battery if necessary. If the amp is only 1500w RMS as stated above, you likely need nothing else.
your wrong a capacitatortothotdish has like many farrrods

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MK5 Fahrenheit

10+ year member
MK5 Fahrenheit
Plymouth, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from