battery not chargine .... Help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Sometimes i just gotta rant. Just got done workin out.. out of breath.. it was rant time, lol

I would assume so. I can't remember 100% what it's called.. ALT ACC? i cant remember..
what i do know to look for is ALT under hood fuse box and look for the SMALLEST fuse for anything labeled ALT...........
Mine is a 20a fuse labeled ALT SENSE, FYI.

Ok, next thing i would do is measure alternator with it off, then on.

If the alt is screwed up, it will create a field of voltage with it off making it slowly increase.

IF your voltage is exceeding 14v and rising with the car off, then the alt is damaged.

IF it's not doing that, then turn the car on and measure voltage. Report what voltage it is when you turn it on if you get to this step.

Ok, next thing i would do is measure alternator with it off, then on.
If the alt is screwed up, it will create a field of voltage with it off making it slowly increase.

IF your voltage is exceeding 14v and rising with the car off, then the alt is damaged.

IF it's not doing that, then turn the car on and measure voltage. Report what voltage it is when you turn it on if you get to this step.
Hey bro it turns out the alternator is no good. I installed the stock one back and my cars voltage does that much better on the ammeter. The singer just wasn't charging at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.